• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2018

Please, tell us more about MB. It’s not like people here haven’t loathed him for years.

Well, we're sitting here trying to analyze some of his past moves and question why he doesn't take a risk on certain players but wastes money on others as if MB was a good GM or something. MB hate turned up this year, most people were giving him slack because we finished in first 2 years ago.

Duclair’s agent said CBJ were only team offering a oneway deal, everyone else offered two way deals.

Wonder what the deal is there.

Fast, still young, and a one way deal under 900k can be stuck in the minors anyway.

Must be something GMs just hate about the guy.

Exactly. We have Byron Froese on the books one way for 650K which is a complete waste of cap space but we won’t take a chance on a 23 year old who scored 20 goals as a rookie? And he did it with Domi?

You can’t be as desperate for talent as we are and ignore when it comes along because of risk.

He gave Hemsky 1M last year. Ales fuggin Hemsky...but he won’t take a flyer on Duclair. Personally I think he wanted him and figured he’d get him to come crawling on a one way offer and then got totally screwed when he lost him to Columbus.

I’m starting to understand this is the MB way. Squeeze the talent and indulge the plugs.
3 words for you

attitude

character

whiteness

Maybe a two contract is the incentive he needs to work harder. That could have been the thinking.

I’m not lamenting missing out on Duclair. He’ll bust in Columbus too and be available on waivers soon enough.

The Islanders might have been better run with Garth Snow in charge than Lou.

Komarov for four years? Ross Johnston, a 24 year old grinder with 25 total NHL games, gets a four year contract?

Laugh out loud.

We’ll see about that. Tavares will have some nice wings to center in Toronto.

Barzal was the Islanders best forward last year.

Yes, perhaps Tavares being present sheltered him from certain matchups.

But if the plan is to play him with Marleau and Marner I would be excited about the possibilities with Marner, but Marleau will be 39 once the season starts and I'm not sure that Marleau being able to keep up with those two is a slam dunk.

Barzal was the Islanders best forward last year.

Yes, perhaps Tavares being present sheltered him from certain matchups.

But if the plan is to play him with Marleau and Marner I would be excited about the possibilities with Marner, but Marleau will be 39 once the season starts and I'm not sure that Marleau being able to keep up with those two is a slam dunk.

PM still has great wheels , he is a better than JT right now

Nikita Kucherov has signed an eight-year, $76 million extension with the Lightning... $9.5M AAV.

Last edited:
Back