Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agent Thread 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Free Agent Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    but hey if it helps us get Hughes
    That's the thing...I think he would help just enough that with a healthy Price and Weber, you're a bubble team. I know that we all love to rip on Bozak in leafland, but he's not a bad hockey player, just an incomplete one. If you can shelter him from the tough matchups and give him a bit of skill to work with he's a 50+ point centre who is great on draws. Really solid on the PP as well. I don't think (m)any of us really hate or dislike Bozak, he's just not a guy that we need anymore and his inability to play against anything aside from butter soft competition has worn out it's usefulness in Toronto because Matthews-Kadri and Nylander is a natural centre (not to mention the whole JT saga going on right now). We just don't need him in the organization anymore, he would be the 4th best centre on the roster.

He would actually help that mess you guys have going on at the centre position though.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    That's the thing...I think he would help just enough that with a healthy Price and Weber, you're a bubble team. I know that we all love to rip on Bozak in leafland, but he's not a bad hockey player, just an incomplete one. If you can shelter him from the tough matchups and give him a bit of skill to work with he's a 50+ point centre who is great on draws. Really solid on the PP as well. I don't think (m)any of us really hate or dislike Bozak, he's just not a guy that we need anymore and his inability to play against anything aside from butter soft competition has worn out it's usefulness in Toronto because Matthews-Kadri and Nylander is a natural centre (not to mention the whole JT saga going on right now). We just don't need him in the organization anymore, he would be the 4th best centre on the roster.

He would actually help that mess you guys have going on at the centre position though.
    habs hated chuck for being like that so i doubt they give up real money for bozak

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    habs hated chuck for being like that so i doubt they give up real money for bozak
    Oh, I definitely think Stastny is the top choice for mistake contract given out by MB this summer, if he strikes out on that though, or has 4-5 million left over, they'll give Mr Bozak a call. I don't think the AG situation really applies here, your org just didn't see him as a centre (I disagree, but I'm not part of your org). Bozak, whatever his flaws are, is absolutely a centre and at least an okay one at that. He's just not a guy you want facing tough competition on any sort of a regular basis

Max-Stastny-Gallagher
    Drouin-Bozak-Byron
    Domi-Danault-Shaw/Lehkonen

Would be a pretty massive upgrade over your top 9 last year. It's not how I would build my team (**** you guys need a strip down and rebuild), but if the goal is to sneak into a wild card spot or challenge for 3rd in the division, there are worse ways to attempt it than that. Add a LHD and you might be a 95-100 point team if Price stops falling apart and Weber is healthy.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I definitely think Stastny is the top choice for mistake contract given out by MB this summer, if he strikes out on that though, or has 4-5 million left over, they'll give Mr Bozak a call. I don't think the AG situation really applies here, your org just didn't see him as a centre (I disagree, but I'm not part of your org). Bozak, whatever his flaws are, is absolutely a centre and at least an okay one at that. He's just not a guy you want facing tough competition on any sort of a regular basis

Max-Stastny-Gallagher
    Drouin-Bozak-Byron

Would be a pretty massive upgrade over your top 9 last year. It's not how I would build my team (**** you guys need a strip down and rebuild), but if the goal is to sneak into a wild card spot or challenge for 3rd in the division, there are worse ways to attempt it than that. Add a LHD and you might be a 95-100 point team if Price stops falling apart and Weber is healthy.
    like chuck

that said i take bozak over alzner

not what i would do either but meh

i also do not expect weber to come into the season healthy

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Max-Stastny-Gallagher
    Drouin-Bozak-Byron

If 31 has .960 SV % we will be a 95 point team

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If any goalie posts a .960 their team is 100+. Easily.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

As I mentioned in the other thread, sounds like the Penguins are going to sign Jack Johnson with the savings from the Sheary/Hunwick trade.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Crosby’s buddy.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    If 31 has .960 SV % we will be a 95 point team
    With Drouin-Danault-Pleks as your top 3 centres, I agree. Splash some cash up the middle on Stastny and Bozak and I disagree.

Your 1-2 centre "punch" of Drouin-Danault is so incredibly far behind everyone else in the division with legitimate playoff hopes. You need those two to outplay a few of Stamkos-Point, Matthews-Kadri, Bergeron-Krejci, Barkov-Trochek to sneak into a playoff spot.

In theory you should be good in net. In theory your RHD is very strong. That's 2 of the 3 most difficult spots to improve that could/should be good enough to make the playoffs. But you're a complete mess up the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    As I mentioned in the other thread, sounds like the Penguins are going to sign Jack Johnson with the savings from the Sheary/Hunwick trade.
    Done 5 yr deal...we wont be acquiring another albatross Dman.
    Last edited by wiseguy1; 06-27-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

With Drouin-Danault-Pleks as your top 3 centres, I agree. Splash some cash up the middle on Stastny and Bozak and I disagree.

Your 1-2 centre "punch" of Drouin-Danault is so incredibly far behind everyone else in the division with legitimate playoff hopes. You need those two to outplay a few of Stamkos-Point, Matthews-Kadri, Bergeron-Krejci, Barkov-Trochek to sneak into a playoff spot.

In theory you should be good in net. In theory your RHD is very strong. That's 2 of the 3 most difficult spots to improve that could/should be good enough to make the playoffs. But you're a complete mess up the middle.
    We can`t pay Stastny and Bozak term ( they are both ok ) to this mess we have .

Its a shit show from top to bottom .

We need to stop that hamster wheel of mediocrity from spinning . 6 years with Nero and we are worse now .

Unless Bozak or PS buy into 2 years deals forget it .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Done...we wont acquire another albatross Dman.
    yeah, Johnson would have been a bad signing. You guys just need a stop gap LHD who can not embarrass himself on the 2nd pair. I don't have the fancy stats in front of me right now, but something like Enstrom, Moore, etc. Just a guy who can move the puck and help Petry be a stead 2nd pair.

Then fire Benn out of a cannon. Roll with Mete on the 3rd pair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    We can`t keep paying Stastny and Bozak ( they are both ok ) types to this mess we have .

We need to stop that hamster wheel of mediocrity from spinning . 6 years with Nero and we are worse now .

Unless Bozak or PS buy into 2 years deals forget it .
    Well, I start any post I write about what the Habs should do from the standpoint of "Rebuild, but I know Molson/MB won't so here's what is reasonably available to you for the best team possible to be put on the ice right now with what you have to work with"

So yes, you need to stop this nonsense, but they won't, so I'm just dealing in the reality of the situation for the sake of conversation. Bozak is probably gettable on a 3 yr deal. I can't see anymore going deeper than that for him. Maybe, maybe 2 if the market is soft for him (unlikely imo...he plays a competent centre and that's always at a premium).

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I start any post I write about what the Habs should do from the standpoint of "Rebuild, but I know Molson/MB won't so here's what is reasonably available to you for the best team possible to be put on the ice right now with what you have to work with"

So yes, you need to stop this nonsense, but they won't, so I'm just dealing in the reality of the situation for the sake of conversation. Bozak is probably gettable on a 3 yr deal. I can't see anymore going deeper than that for him. Maybe, maybe 2 if the market is soft for him (unlikely imo...he plays a competent centre and that's always at a premium).
    I agree ME but it`s nauseating watching this circus for over a decade and Gravol only helps to a point .

Your Leafs finally saw the light and I am sure you fans were happier than a pig in shit when the rebuild was announced in full force .

As mentioned before if we only were half ass efficient in personnel moves over the last decade we arent in this mess .

Nothing or near zilch to show for Pleks , Markov , Souray, Komisarek , Kovalev, etc....

Waited too long to trade Max and didnt get youth for PK .

Easily 6-8 first rounders pissed away plus other assets .

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't seriously getting Roussel, are we ?

Can we please just play kids from our farm team instead....if you're not gonna sign a top 6 forward or top 4 dmen, just play kids from our system
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

Post Thanks / Like

DSP is returning to the Capitals on a one-year, $1 million deal.
    Last edited by hairnova; 06-27-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    We aren't seriously getting Roussel, are we ?

Can we please just play kids from our farm team instead....if you're not gonna sign a top 6 forward or top 4 dmen, just play kids from our system
    well if you want to buy season tickets for an ECHL team....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    If any goalie posts a .960 their team is 100+. Easily.
    not if they all post that......

Post Thanks / Like

jd

Something to ponder :

Just how soft is Creampuff Matthews ?

Bartender another Sam's !

A bientot!

Somewhere at the edge of the Leafs region
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Done 5 yr deal...we wont be acquiring another albatross Dman.
    Everybody’s favourite rumour monger, Eklund, is saying the Habs are not out of the running for Jack Johnson yet. He claims the Pittsburgh offer is for 3 years and the Habs are willing to do a 4 year deal.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast