• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign John Tavares to 7 year/ $77m deal

When I seek help per your advice for making that jokey little statement, I'll ask them to look into my narcissism too.

Also, I accept your apology for mistakenly taking it so far as to state that I have a mental illness.

Need a tissue?

Other than being an *******, you're not exactly the typical Habs fan though.

There's something deliciously symmetrical about you calling me an *******. I wonder if we could market some hybrid kush under that.

image933296x.jpg

Nope. It’s actually why I started this message board in the first place. So that I could have at least some human interaction, even if it is over the internet.

Leafoffaith is a lawyer. Guy deserves some respect in my opinion, that is not an easy position to obtain. But at same time, Habsy doesn't pick a lot of fights and has created a world class board. Can we have some mutual respect.

I personally, hate what is happening with the Habs, I love that franchise. I grew up in Ottawa, forced to watch the best franchise and team of all time. (Montreal). I am a Canadian and I don't like seeing any Canadian team eroded. I will say however, that despite having lived in Ottawa, I don't like the team nearly as much as the other Canadian cities. Maybe it was seeing Alfredson bone my buddy( Darcy Tucker) into the boards and separate his shoulder.

But no question.... I think Montreal should hire Shanahan 2.0 soon.

Toronto signed John Tavares..... I am so stoked about the team now, I cannot tell you. However, I have to say, I want a Tom Wilson on the team. I want Nazem to play hockey, he is too small to be a full time Wilson, to me, a guy who has to play for the Leafs in the playoffs is either Mason Marchment or Colin Greening.

I find it very, very, very interesting that Kyle the good nerd Dubas signed both of these guys.

I think Dubas "knows"... Really "knows".

In the playoffs, if I see Greening and Marchment play against certain teams I will say this Dubas guy is light years ahead of Lou the turtle Lamierello.

I just hope Mike Babcock for his sake can keep up with how sharp this kid is, but if he isn't, say hello to the new coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Sheldon Keefe.

Washington winning the Stanley Cup didn't surprise me at all. I thought they developed a "game" that was Stanley Cup winning for the past six years.

They remind me so much of Angela Kerber who destroyed Serena Williams..... Not the biggest team, but built for light power, and the constantly keep you off balance, make you work like a dog just to touch the puck.

I don't know who created the Washington model, but I want to congratulate him, dude, you know hockey, current hockey.

I was in awe of Washington last year, in the playoffs, beating the piss out of us. To me, we were, really, really inferior to them. I think Dubas, gets, what we need to compete with a team like them.

A huge piece of our team is Travis Dermott, I think Hunter hit a massive home run on this guy, but was it him or Dubas? Who knows, but great Dman. Huge piece for the Leafs.

I think Travis will be our best dman in the next two years and Rielly might very well welcome that.

Travis Dermott? Shirt off, most ripped guy since Tim Horton. Reminds me so much of Tim Horton. Tim Horton was 30 years ahead of himself in terms of skating and NHL play.

Horton was a shrimp in terms of height but every NHL guy that I talk to said the guy was so strong, that no one screwed around with the guy.

To me, Dermott has an outside chance of being Duncan Keith 2.0. Don't want to put pressure on the kid, but to me, he is a beast, who skates with the precision of Jeremy Bracco and Skinner.

I see Dermott as being just a huge, huge piece going forward. So strong mentally, that he can brush off Babcock entirely and just become a number one D in the NHL.

I really like Nylander, love his game but I think he gets traded. However I think Dubas will wait till he scores four goals in one game before he does it, have a great summer guys.

Btw, John Tavares? To me he is the Rafeal Nadal of the NHL. Not the absolute most talented player in the NHL, but such a freaking beast, such a monster, he has, has to elevate the games of Marner, Matthews and Nylander

I think he elevates the team so much, gets Kapanen and Johnsson to such a level that we can trade one of the big three.

Lets not forget. Johnsson, Kapanen, and Hyman scored three of the prettiest, glitsiest and grittiest goals of all time.

Provorov would be so great on this team. Over and out.

Hyman, earned so much respect from me on his effort in the playoffs, I will not Schenn him, for a long time. Guy must have some calves.

Last edited:
Meh, you get a bunch of type A characters together and there’ll be jabs thrown. Somehow I don’t think LoF is the worse for wear.

Nah he is not, he is a lawyer after all. Lol. But good poster for your great site, just saying. Not that I expect you to ever pander to him, know you better than that Habsy. Great site.

Really hope Les Glorieux make it back. I was forced to watch the best NHL team of all time back in the day, now I am grateful for it.

Last edited:
I just wish at some point the Habs and Leafs were both good at the same time. Like it seems the teams are physically unable to do that Now, where the Leafs got better the last couple years while the Habs have cratered. Hard to maintain a big rivalry when you haven't played a competitive game against each other in decades.

Meh, you get a bunch of type A characters together and there’ll be jabs thrown. Somehow I don’t think LoF is the worse for wear.

All good, bud. I was just surprised at the trolling yesterday. Very out of character for you. Don’t think I’ve ever seen you do it before.

Back