• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign John Tavares to 7 year/ $77m deal

2019 1st, 2020 1st, Dermott and Connor Brown for Karlsson

You say?

No. They’ll never get that much if he’s going UFA.

But if he’s having a renaissance year (he hasn’t been himself for a while), and we can sign him, I’d do 1st, Liljegren, and a prospect.

Dubas: “It’s very evident [Tavares] could have gotten more elsewhere. That sets a great tone for our organization… We’ve already had some veteran players who were seeking longer term deals that are saying they’d like to come here on the short term”

Who?

Patrick Maroon? Rick Nash? Joe Thornton?

My head is going to explode of excitement. As a Leaf fan this is what i've been waiting for since childhood. Amazing stuff. I'm in shock.

If Marleau is bumping Hyman off the top line (quite curious, if true), it suggests that part of the Cock's meeting with Matthews involved getting Hyman off that line.

or it means babs (wrongly) sees Tavares as the top line.

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Nash - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
Hyman - Lindholm - Brown

Who?

My head is going to explode of excitement. As a Leaf fan this is what i've been waiting for since childhood. Amazing stuff. I'm in shock.
Perhaps MNM agree to take a bit less too.

Who?

Maybe James Neal. He could cup chase for a year for bigger coin and then still get a similar long term deal to what he would have received this season. Filpulla is another one as 4C. He could probably snag a 2-3 year deal in free agency, but could potentially be a fit to take quite a bit more on a one year deal.

Maybe Hamhuis

and then yeah, the names you mentioned.

F*ck yes. This is awesome. I can't believe i'm reading a single negative comment about signing John F*cking Tavares.

All in now on a defender. 1st rounder + Connor Brown + ???? for the best dman we can get. .

can't afford one of those, past this year.

Sure we can. Gardiner, Hyman, Brown all can be moved. Marleau will in all likelihood be moved after next season.

How are people gloom? Signing Tavares is the best thing thats happened this franchise in a long time(outside of drafting Matthews).

Jesus. I swear i remember Zeke being happier when we traded Clarkson than he is getting Tavares. Put down the spreadsheet and f*cking enjoy a game.

Sure we can. Gardiner, Hyman, Brown all can be moved. Marleau will in all likelihood be moved after next season.

we really can't.

How are people gloom? Signing Tavares is the best thing thats happened this franchise in a long time(outside of drafting Matthews).

eh. outside of drafting mitch, willy, and rielly, too, considering the cost.

and I'm not gloomy. We were a contender last year and we're a better team now. I'm happy. Just not giddy about giving John Tavares the 2nd highest caphit in hockey.

Jesus. I swear i remember Zeke being happier when we traded Clarkson than he is getting Tavares. Put down the spreadsheet and f*cking enjoy a game.

trading Clarkson was the best thing of all time. unreal.

2019-2020

Tavares $11m
Matthews $11?
Marner $9?
Nylander $7?
Marleau $6.3
Kadri 4.5
Martin 2.5
Hyman 2.3
Brown 2.1
Kapanen 2.0?
Johnsson 2.0?
Grundstrom 0.9
???????? 0.8

Rielly 5.0
Zaitsev 4.5
Dermott 2.0?
Carrick 2.0?
Borgman 2.0?
Rosen 2.0?
Liljegren 0.9

Andersen 5.0
Sparks 1.5?

Total $86.3

Guessing at a Cap of about 81m, that means we have to dump Marleau just to get under the cap, with no room for any other significant money additions.

Save 2M from Marners overpay you have

Someone will take Martin off the books for scraps because grit

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Carrick, Brown, Borgman, Rosen, Hyman, Martin combine for over 12 million in your calculations. no chance we spend on all of them.

We are in a good spot. Dubas and his geeks are prepared for this no doubt.

[Lebrun] Told that Auston Matthews is absolutely ecstatic about the Tavares news; Matthews reached out to Tavares during the process encouraging him to join the Leafs.

...but...but....Babcock/Matthews rift...Matthews pissed off...would be even more pissed off with the Leafs displacing him with another #1 centre???? what gives??

Back