• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign John Tavares to 7 year/ $77m deal

leafs can't compete in that matchup unless babs stacks the PP and plays the top unit 4+mpg like PIT does.

leafs can't compete in that matchup unless babs stacks the PP and plays the top unit 4+mpg like PIT does.

I wonder if Babs will ever pair Matthews with Tavares (5 on 5), a la Crosby and Malkin.

Final 2 minutes you likely see a full court press with a stacked line

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

fjd2AQIU4plsx3dXO0rMkA6jmS9BNavb1yrA6u4TTfg.jpg

That's a tough bet. The Leafs have the edge on the Kadri/Brassard match-up.

But overall this one still goes to the Penguins, since Crosby & Malkin have both been scoring at 90+ point paces for the last few years.

It's not out of the question the Leafs could catch up. Matthews still has another big step forward left in him, IMO. And although I expect to Tavares to hover around either side of the PPG mark as usual, it'll be interesting to see what he does with more talented wingers than he's ever had, and the protection that Matthews & Kadri will provide.
It's an interesting bet ... if every player can play 82 games then the PIT penguins probably win, but I also have a feeling Crosby and Malkin may lose the bet for PIT because of missed games.

I generally agree.

But what stupid thing has he said now?

Get this, the Leafs did not need Tavares. They should have saved that money for Ryan Ellis next summer. Last week he brought up Drew Doughty (He day before he signed) as someone to get instead of Tavares.

Back