• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign John Tavares to 7 year/ $77m deal

It is very typical to go on English Montreal radio nd just dump on the Leafs. that's your opening line to be loved.
LOL @ a clip being a "Marketing Machine". Every team does that. Yeah, they like to sell jerseys, so do 30 other teams.

They're a little ass hurt right now that Tavares wouldn't even give them a meeting I think. It's a bit of a wound to a fanbase that has deep roots and a lot of pride. It's not long ago that we were a shit show, and it's not a great feeling when you're a historic franchise in that kind of state.

Don't get me wrong, they can get ****ed. But I completely understand the saline levels in their water supply.

The best thing about the Leafs being good is the Leafs being good.

The second best thing is how miserable it makes Habs fans.

Seek help. You’re seeing things. Mental health is a serious issue, please take care of yourself.

Seek help. You’re seeing things. Mental health is a serious issue, please take care of yourself.

Some Leaf fans seem to think people give a shit about the Leafs.

There are some idiotic fans that give a shit about other teams. We have a few Hab fans on this board that hate the Leafs more than they like the Habs.

The funny part is the LoF is one of those guys... he hates the Habs more than he loves the Leafs. He's obsessed with them. His tears were delicious for years. Now he gets to have some fun. Good for him I suppose.

The fact that you both couldn’t see through an obvious statement in jest, and are telling me to seek mental help, is actually giving the statement some weight.

I love the Leafs to the point of obsession. I could give a shit about the Habs, though I do enjoy the pain of its arrogant fan base when things are as they are now. But I don’t watch more than a combined hour’s worth of Habs games per year (aside from head to head, of course), and I have what, oh, exactly zero posts on the Habs board? How many hours of Leafs games do you guys take in each year, and how many posts have you got on this board? Hmm?

While I dislike the habs I would love to see a leafs vs habs playoff series... I cant be the only one in that boat.

Since most of us have never seen it in our lifetimes, I’m pretty sure we all to a man would desperately love to have it happen.

We’ll just need to be patient for at least another five years though.

A guy living in Florida longer than some of you have been alive really cares about the Leafs success or failure? Narcissistic view to say the least LoF.

I also wouldn't care if the Leafs won the cup. Canada hasn't seen one since 1993 and that is just unacceptable.

When I seek help per your advice for making that jokey little statement, I'll ask them to look into my narcissism too.

Also, I accept your apology for mistakenly taking it so far as to state that I have a mental illness.

The fact that you both couldn’t see through an obvious statement in jest, and are telling me to seek mental help, is actually giving the statement some weight.

I love the Leafs to the point of obsession. I could give a shit about the Habs, though I do enjoy the pain of its arrogant fan base when things are as they are now. But I don’t watch more than a combined hour’s worth of Habs games per year (aside from head to head, of course), and I have what, oh, exactly zero posts on the Habs board? How many hours of Leafs games do you guys take in each year, and how many posts have you got on this board? Hmm?

Yeah, discussing all things hockey, politics and various other topics on a board that I am an admin (and Habsy owns) has anything to do with being obsessed with the Leafs. I'm on this board a lot cause there's a lot of great hockey (and other) talk. In fact, I tend to avoid the Leaf dedicated threads. This thread not withstanding, since of course, this is big news.

I'm also obsessed with the Canes by the way.

I watch roughly as much Leafs as I do any other team not named the Canadiens or Penguins. A handful of non head to head games a year.

A guy living in Florida longer than some of you have been alive really cares about the Leafs success or failure? Narcissistic view to say the least LoF.

I also wouldn't care if the Leafs won the cup. Canada hasn't seen one since 1993 and that is just unacceptable.

Other than being an *******, you're not exactly the typical Habs fan though.

Since most of us have never seen it in our lifetimes, I’m pretty sure we all to a man would desperately love to have it happen.

We’ll just need to be patient for at least another five years though.

I love that you say 5 years. IF the Leafs win a playoff series next year, it will be their first playoff win in 15 years.

Relevance?

Further proving your ambivalence, I guess. I point out that we’d all love to see a playoff series between us, and that we need to be patient. You jump in to take jabs at ancient history.

There's at least 10 teams I dislike more than the habs at this point, which is sad.

Yeah, I look forward to hating the Leafs again... but they'd be hard pressed to make my top 10 right now. As a matter of fact, due to a bunch of people on this board that I genuinely like... I kinda feel good about their potential success.

One playoff series could probably make them #2 most hated in a hurry.

I'm also obsessed with the Canes by the way.

ioccasionally-enum-cocaine-posted-by-gordon-colman-memez-com-13989322.png

Me too man, me too.

Back