• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

The team wasn't that good. We had some nice pieces in Subban, Price, Gallagher, AG and Max but little else except for a decent 3rd line center in Eller. No other quality prospects coming up at any position. Aging vets playing key roles in Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Prust and Gorges. An undersized top line center. Bad contracts to dump in Bourque, Cole and Moen. The rest was filler.

It was not bad, but we didnt have a pipeline of good prospect coming from Hamilton, that would have made the diference
Putting that clown of Sly to coach our future on top of some bad drafting is what killed our growth.

Pat Hickey: It's time for the Canadiens to re-sign Max Pacioretty
http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1530728463

MAGodin: Why signing Max Pacioretty to a contract extension is starting to make some sense https://theathletic.com/420002/2018...act-extension-is-starting-to-make-some-sense/

To have a better chance to resign him, Bergevin needs to step down first.
and that way, Patches doesnt loose face, makes it all easy for the new negotiations to take place.
im ok with most of the moves MB did this summer but he needs to be the scapegoat

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hoc...ding/wcm/73e39a30-54b1-4aac-8020-38b48a44fe00

It’s time for the Canadiens to start letting the kids play and also let them make mistakes. Tell them what they did wrong and put them right back on the ice again to gain more experience and hopefully not make the same mistakes too many times. Let them grow up together both on and off the ice as a team.

I believe Canadiens fans are ready to buy into a full rebuild after watching a bad, boring team get shut out 12 times last season and score only once in 14 other games. Wouldn’t you rather watch a young, rebuilding team open up a bit offensively and lose something like 5-3 than what you witnessed last season?

Fans would also know there is at least a solid plan in place now. It might even fill some of those empty seats at the Bell Centre that grew in number last season with each loss.
Yes, I know I would.

If the canadiens were able to unload price to the islanders (taking back some salary) for the isles first next year and a prospect. That imo would be a good trade. The islanders even with price are going to be a team that is in the lower echelon of the league, thus allowing montreal another lottery pick and a better chance at drafting hughes.
Then trade pax to the kings for their first and second next season. Los Angeles is an old team, and will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next season. I really dont think think will.
By sending pax to the kings, this could allow the habs a chance at another lottery pick, and yet another chip in the hughes sweepstake.
Even if the canadiens didnt get hughes, they pickup up 6 really good prospects with the islanders top 2 choices, the kings top two choices and their own. Jmho

If the canadiens were able to unload price to the islanders (taking back some salary) for the isles first next year and a prospect. That imo would be a good trade. The islanders even with price are going to be a team that is in the lower echelon of the league, thus allowing montreal another lottery pick and a better chance at drafting hughes.
Then trade pax to the kings for their first and second next season. Los Angeles is an old team, and will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next season. I really dont think think will.
By sending pax to the kings, this could allow the habs a chance at another lottery pick, and yet another chip in the hughes sweepstake.
Even if the canadiens didnt get hughes, they pickup up 6 really good prospects with the islanders top 2 choices, the kings top two choices and their own. Jmho

I have a feeling 2019 first rounders are of high value due to the good pool of prospects...can anyone back this up?

Seattle will be getting a team rather soon, the cap will keep rising, I would think that new org would jump at the prospect of getting a local BC boy to increase fan base draw, and whose wife I’m sure would love to go home to the Pacific Northwest, just sayin..

so were 2017 and 2018
Actually no, 2017 was regarded amongst the weakest draft classes, and 2018 was considered good but lacking depth.

Anyway it’s always a crapshoot no one projected 2003 draft class to be what it has become beforehand

Back