• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

Bergevin's stated goal in the press conference is “to compete for a playoff spot”. Problem is, that's been his goal every year. This management group has never aspired to do anything more, ever. Just throw shit, see what sticks......never any long term goal to build towards true Cup contention.Of course, they do not have a clue how to do that anyway.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems they just missed out son a couple guys including Tavares. They have the space and need.

There were some real good options for Max a few months ago.

St. Louis got Perron
LA got K-chuk
Cal got Neal
FLA got Hoffman
MB got Fukked

There were some real good options for Max a few months ago.

St. Louis got Perron
LA got K-chuk
Cal got Neal
FLA got Hoffman
MB got Fukked

3 free agents and an horrible deal for Hoffman. We're still looking pretty good in all of this, there isn't a lot of goal scorers left on the market.

I don’t think anyone here loves the Leafs.

Except maybe WeHave.

Last edited:
We’re never winning the Cup again, are we? Glad I grew up in the 70’s and also experienced ‘86 and ‘93. Many here I assume have never seen a Cup.

We’re never winning the Cup again, are we?
Probably not...even 86 & 93 required the stars to be perfectly aligned in a far less competitive NHL landscape with Habs having the luxury of players having extremely limited rights. Re: non existent rights

We’re never winning the Cup again, are we? Glad I grew up in the 70’s and also experienced ‘86 and ‘93. Many here I assume have never seen a Cup.

The next 5 yrs are a write off. After that, we should be able to compete with 20 other teams. So roughly a 95% chance of not winning the cup in 2023. We'll see how it goes from there. It's nice that Bergevin finally discovered the Centre position but we probably have the worst D prospects in the league.

The next 5 yrs are a write off. After that, we should be able to compete with 20 other teams. So roughly a 95% chance of not winning the cup in 2023. We'll see how it goes from there. It's nice that Bergevin finally discovered the Centre position but we probably have the worst D prospects in the league.

When TSN690 had Carbo on to talk about the 25th anniversary of the Cup, he basically said if Bergevin didn't get an elite centre on July 1, then it's going to be six or seven years if they're lucky before they'll be in contention.

Back