• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

Actually no, 2017 was regarded amongst the weakest draft classes, and 2018 was considered good but lacking depth.

Anyway it’s always a crapshoot no one projected 2003 draft class to be what it has become beforehand

not 2 years out

just wait until 2019 and suddenly it will be the 2020 and 21 draft that are great

it is not uncommon

sometimes those players that were great at 16 plateau and do not improve as much as expected in their draft year

2003 draft is a good lesson in why you dont sign big deals into the 30s

look at all those players that looked like stars but are not awful

richards, seabrook, double dion, weber (/duck), horton

It wouldn’t be too bad settling for Byfield.

I think Lafreniere would reinvigorate the franchise though.

Also Stuzle is gonna be good and there is Holz, Raymond and Perfetti to round out the top prospects so a really good chance to land a stud forward in the top 6...we can do top 6 if we play it right.

They are playing Julien’s system and we can’t complain about the work ethic. But we had 8-game losing streak, and now a six game streak.

This is just a mediocre/bad team that has been devastated by injuries.

A real tank would be quite shocking to watch.

What I'm surprised is that I was expecting a Julien's team to clamp down defensively eventually and play very tight hockey but it never happened. We've been sloppy undisciplined all seasons, turning the puck over and giving odd man rushes by buckets every game.

What I'm surprised is that I was expecting a Julien's team to clamp down defensively eventually and play very tight hockey but it never happened. We've been sloppy undisciplined all seasons, turning the puck over and giving odd man rushes by buckets every game.
kulak is bad, Reilly was bad, fleury is a rookie, Mete is Meh, Chiarot is a decent second pairing, as is Petry, but that still leaves some playing above their talent level with weber, a rookie and Reilly or Kulak, who are not good.

The forwards need to press like mad to get a goal and the defense needs to pinch, because this team can only score when they press hard in the offensive zone. That naturally leads to breakdowns.

Yeah the D pinching has been opening up the game while also providing much needed offense but it's more than the players, every single player have been bad defensively this year, even normal stalwarts like Weber and Danault. I thought we would bring the leash back and play prevent more but it's been quite loose all year. It's been entertaining but not very successful.

Yeah the D pinching has been opening up the game while also providing much needed offense but it's more than the players, every single player have been bad defensively this year, even normal stalwarts like Weber and Danault. I thought we would bring the leash back and play prevent more but it's been quite loose all year. It's been entertaining but not very successful.

That’s a great system if your 10 mil goalie can earn his money

Re: not noticing Byfield at the WJC.

Right. Nobody noticed Lafrenière at last year's WJC. There's close to a year of difference in age between the two players.

This is not a big deal for me, in the larger scheme of things.

Back