Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Hickey has gone senile in that column
    I would not be terribly upset if he was resigned to be honest

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tank Nation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Habs53 View Post
    I would not be terribly upset if he was resigned to be honest
    Probably best to move on from him and get the best possible return now. The Habs aren't competing with Toronto, Tampa Bay and Boston during Max's advanced years.

1st Liner mtl_the_real_hockeytown's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    The team wasn't that good. We had some nice pieces in Subban, Price, Gallagher, AG and Max but little else except for a decent 3rd line center in Eller. No other quality prospects coming up at any position. Aging vets playing key roles in Markov, Plekanec, Gionta, Prust and Gorges. An undersized top line center. Bad contracts to dump in Bourque, Cole and Moen. The rest was filler.
    It was not bad, but we didnt have a pipeline of good prospect coming from Hamilton, that would have made the diference
    Putting that clown of Sly to coach our future on top of some bad drafting is what killed our growth.
    Sadly in playoffs time, Montreal has a way of bringing the worst out of sens fans

1st Liner mtl_the_real_hockeytown's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Pat Hickey: It's time for the Canadiens to re-sign Max Pacioretty
    http://montrealgazette.com/sports/ho...box=1530728463

MAGodin: Why signing Max Pacioretty to a contract extension is starting to make some sense https://theathletic.com/420002/2018/...ke-some-sense/
    To have a better chance to resign him, Bergevin needs to step down first.
    and that way, Patches doesnt loose face, makes it all easy for the new negotiations to take place.
    im ok with most of the moves MB did this summer but he needs to be the scapegoat
    Sadly in playoffs time, Montreal has a way of bringing the worst out of sens fans

Post Thanks / Like

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hock...0-38b48a44fe00

It’s time for the Canadiens to start letting the kids play and also let them make mistakes. Tell them what they did wrong and put them right back on the ice again to gain more experience and hopefully not make the same mistakes too many times. Let them grow up together both on and off the ice as a team.

I believe Canadiens fans are ready to buy into a full rebuild after watching a bad, boring team get shut out 12 times last season and score only once in 14 other games. Wouldn’t you rather watch a young, rebuilding team open up a bit offensively and lose something like 5-3 than what you witnessed last season?

Fans would also know there is at least a solid plan in place now. It might even fill some of those empty seats at the Bell Centre that grew in number last season with each loss.
    Yes, I know I would.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

Post Thanks / Like

not count though

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The desire for a proper rebuild has never been stronger. The patch and play method the last 25 years hasn't worked.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    The desire for a proper rebuild has never been stronger. The patch and play method the last 25 years hasn't worked.
    It has for team profits. Otherwise they would have rebuilt properly years ago.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS DONKEY BALLS

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    It has for team profits. Otherwise they would have rebuilt properly years ago.
    Wasn't talking about that.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure in what universe we would suddenly be a run and gun team, rebuild or not.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure in what universe we would suddenly be a run and gun team, rebuild or not.
    Sure but watching some kids develop is better than watching Dano and Pleks on the top 6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    Sure but watching some kids develop is better than watching Dano and Pleks on the top 6
    Sure but I don't see how our kids would suddenly be able to score 3 goals per game.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure but I don't see how our kids would suddenly be able to score 3 goals per game.
    We can't now ....game on for tanking

2nd Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

If the canadiens were able to unload price to the islanders (taking back some salary) for the isles first next year and a prospect. That imo would be a good trade. The islanders even with price are going to be a team that is in the lower echelon of the league, thus allowing montreal another lottery pick and a better chance at drafting hughes.
    Then trade pax to the kings for their first and second next season. Los Angeles is an old team, and will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next season. I really dont think think will.
    By sending pax to the kings, this could allow the habs a chance at another lottery pick, and yet another chip in the hughes sweepstake.
    Even if the canadiens didnt get hughes, they pickup up 6 really good prospects with the islanders top 2 choices, the kings top two choices and their own. Jmho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uncus View Post
    If the canadiens were able to unload price to the islanders (taking back some salary) for the isles first next year and a prospect. That imo would be a good trade. The islanders even with price are going to be a team that is in the lower echelon of the league, thus allowing montreal another lottery pick and a better chance at drafting hughes.
    Then trade pax to the kings for their first and second next season. Los Angeles is an old team, and will be hard pressed to make the playoffs next season. I really dont think think will.
    By sending pax to the kings, this could allow the habs a chance at another lottery pick, and yet another chip in the hughes sweepstake.
    Even if the canadiens didnt get hughes, they pickup up 6 really good prospects with the islanders top 2 choices, the kings top two choices and their own. Jmho
    I have a feeling 2019 first rounders are of high value due to the good pool of prospects...can anyone back this up?
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Seattle will be getting a team rather soon, the cap will keep rising, I would think that new org would jump at the prospect of getting a local BC boy to increase fan base draw, and whose wife I’m sure would love to go home to the Pacific Northwest, just sayin..

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I have a feeling 2019 first rounders are of high value due to the good pool of prospects...can anyone back this up?
    FWIW, 2019 & 2020 drafts are being touted as the best cuvée since 2003

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    FWIW, 2019 & 2020 drafts are being touted as the best cuvée since 2003
    so were 2017 and 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    so were 2017 and 2018
    And 1981
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    so were 2017 and 2018
    Actually no, 2017 was regarded amongst the weakest draft classes, and 2018 was considered good but lacking depth.

Anyway it’s always a crapshoot no one projected 2003 draft class to be what it has become beforehand

- Geoff Molson

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast