• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Weber out 5-6 months after knee surgery

Really? Cause his last year in Nashville he scored 20 goals got 51 points.

I don't get where you see he was getting worse?

Was his body taking a beating? Most likely

But he was still playing very good hockey, even in his first year as a Hab.

yep

What does this mean for the cap?

How much more cap space does he get due to this long term injury?

Depends if the habs even bother to put him on LTIR.

I mean, why would they? Then they would need to start thinking about the cap floor.

Depends if the habs even bother to put him on LTIR.

I mean, why would they? Then they would need to start thinking about the cap floor.

think they will be fine to the cap floor

but how does insurance work?

I don't see that at all.

His first year here was very good and was a key cog on the World Cup team.

It's ok to acknowledge that his body has taken a beating from playing upwards of 25 minutes a game for about the last ten years but he was still playing very good hockey

I said he was getting worse even in Nashville based on advanced stats. Didn't say he sucked.

He's toast though now.

any stats to back that up?

because these are his point totals in his career

2005-06 Nashville Predators NHL 28 2 8 10
2006-07 Nashville Predators NHL 79 17 23 40
2007-08 Nashville Predators NHL 54 6 14 20
2008-09 Nashville Predators NHL 81 23 30 53
2009-10 Nashville Predators NHL 78 16 27 43
2010-11 Nashville Predators NHL 82 16 32 48
2011-12 Nashville Predators NHL 78 19 30 49
2012-13 Nashville Predators NHL 48 9 19 28
2013-14 Nashville Predators NHL 79 23 33 56
2014-15 Nashville Predators NHL 78 15 30 45
2015-16 Nashville Predators NHL 78 20 31 51
2016-17 Montreal Canadiens NHL 78 17 25 42

We were talking advanced stats. There were many graphics showing him vs. Subban.

Points wise he was fine. I didn't say he sucked. Just said that he was getting worse based on other stats.

I said he was getting worse even in Nashville based on advanced stats. Didn't say he sucked.

He's toast though now.

He never relied on his mobility to be the player he is, but to lose a step or two and not have played hockey for a full year, yeah, next season is a write off and then we are wondering if he can even come back the season after.

In all reality -- I hope for his sake that he can recover and have a sound finish to his solid career.

But for the short-term (translating to long-term) this is probably a good thing for the Habs. The Habs need consecutive top draft picks, and this helps.

In all reality -- I hope for his sake that he can recover and have a sound finish to his solid career.

But for the short-term (translating to long-term) this is probably a good thing for the Habs. The Habs need consecutive top draft picks, and this helps.

Yep. Hopefully Price slips on ice and hurts his knee, or Angela keeps him chronically tired and max just needs to sulk his way through another season, and we are well set up for another top 5.

He never relied on his mobility to be the player he is, but to lose a step or two and not have played hockey for a full year, yeah, next season is a write off and then we are wondering if he can even come back the season after.

It’s best to let him take all the time he needs, get him back in say late January. Get back in game shape then move him for a ransom at deadline.

It’s best to let him take all the time he needs, get him back in say late January. Get back in game shape then move him for a ransom at deadline.

I don't think he is getting much coming off of two surgeries with 7 years left on his deal.

I doubt Marc and Geoff envisioned that their shitty trade would blow up in their faces like this.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

If he is back by Janurary that would mean it only took him 3 weeks to get his body back in game shape.

I think you're looking at about 2 months after his recovery time for when he comes back.

Also, Weber has no value right now. He might regain value in 2 years or so, but he won't have any after missing over a year of hockey.

Back