• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Weber out 5-6 months after knee surgery

Yeah, an aging Weber has limited value on a rebuilding team with a barren pool of D prospects. But on a well stocked contender, the guy will be a solid acquisition.

Zaitsev is signed for too long though. We do not need two Alzners.

Zaitsev is signed for too long though. We do not need two Alzners.

I never said I liked that particular deal....simply said I expect Weber to draw trade interest around the league when he recovers.

McGuire was on Ottawa radio this morning and he suggested in a couple of years, the Habs will have to bury Weber's contract in the minors.

McGuire was on Ottawa radio this morning and he suggested in a couple of years, the Habs will have to bury Weber's contract in the minors.

Don't be silly. Weber isn't riding the bus. Weber is going to get a skin condition and his contract is going onto the LTIR.

5 dollars on nashville trading for him and making his life as comfortable as possible in order for him not to retire and make them blow up their team due to cap recapture.

Just more proof that this guy will bash the Habs at any given opportunity.

That’s pure nonsense, in a couple years??

He’ll be 34,it’s not like he’ll be 38

Don't be silly. Weber isn't riding the bus. Weber is going to get a skin condition and his contract is going onto the LTIR.

5 dollars on nashville trading for him and making his life as comfortable as possible in order for him not to retire and make them blow up their team due to cap recapture.

6 is going to retire in 3-4 years and stick that penalty contract up Nashville's ass.

If he doesnt care about sitting at home collecting a million dollars for fishing, ya, a possibility.

He would of earned about 90% of his income by then , he isn't playing for chump change for 4 years .

Those recapture penalties are crippling in the last 4 years . What if Nashville can't fit it in their cap ?

What I don't understand is this. Is Nashville on the hook for the last 4 years of the penalty or the one time charge in the year he retires in the last 4 years ?

Last edited:
He would of earned about 90% of his income by then , he isn't playing for chump change for 4 years .

Those recapture penalties are crippling in the last 4 years . What if Nashville can't fit it in their cap ?

What I don't understand is this. Is Nashville on the hook for the last 4 years of the penalty or the one time charge in the year he retires in the last 4 years ?

They are on the hook for 24 million in cap space spread over how many years he has remaining on his deal whenever he decides to retire. If he waits until the final year, that's 24 million in on season, if he has 2 years its 12 over two seasons, so on and so forth.

But why not developed a skin condition or injury that means he fails every physical and sit at home in BC collecting a million dollars a season to fish while whatever team he's on simply puts his salary on the LTIR?

They are on the hook for 24 million in cap space spread over how many years he has remaining on his deal whenever he decides to retire. If he waits until the final year, that's 24 million in on season, if he has 2 years its 12 over two seasons, so on and so forth.

But why not developed a skin condition or injury that means he fails every physical and sit at home in BC collecting a million dollars a season to fish while whatever team he's on simply puts his salary on the LTIR?

Or trade him to Carolina or Arizona so that they can keep him on the roster without LTIR and get to the league floor faster.

visit.jpg
Hahaha

Too bad Weber didn't have the wherewithal to tell Poile that he would just retire instead of reporting to Montreal when he was traded.

I don't get this. Wasn't Bettman the one who spearheaded these punishments? Why would he help teams escape it?

Because he will not want a market like Nashville to take a big hit and potentially have to trade their good players to make cap space for 24M penalty. Just like uncle Lou always found a way to get out of a jam in NJ

7 million in the minors.

And ppl still think pee air can GM

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back