• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Even if McDavid & Hall pretty much never played together at even strength, at least it would've given them another scoring line.

At the moment, since Draisaitl has yet to show himself capable of carrying a line on his own at center ice, they've only got one.

And of course, they also should've just handled Eberle like the Leafs did with JVR & Bozak, and held on to him until his contract ran out.

Looks like he does actually touch him though, so why not penalize him for it so that he doesn’t think it’s okay to now start ****ing with goalies in their crease.

HandicappedParakeet.jpg

It's funny, me and some buddies we're just talking about Schenn during the game last night. How if he was a Leaf draft pick now, he would have gone back to junior for another year after being drafted and then spent a couple of seasons with the Marlies. All the while working with Barb Underhill on his skating and with other skills coaches.

He probably never had high end potential in the first place, but he's still stuck around in the league for a decade, and you wonder what he could have become if he'd been developed properly by a good organization.

As for picking him up today, though---no thanks. I don't see any RHD on this roster I'd replace with Schenn.

L Schenn would probably be the 3rd RHD on Marlies depth chart ... so no, not picking him up on waiver.

But to think we traded UP to get him ... and the Isles grabbed Bailey with the 7th overall pick? And Bailey is gonna stick around for another 10 years in the league?

This may be the end of Schenn's NHL career

L Schenn would probably be the 3rd RHD on Marlies depth chart ... so no, not picking him up on waiver.

But to think we traded UP to get him ... and the Isles grabbed Bailey with the 7th overall pick? And Bailey is gonna stick around for another 10 years in the league?

This may be the end of Schenn's NHL career

I can say this about Luke schenn, the kid had heart. He had more heart than most of the other leaf players he played with.

Yup agreed but still have to admire his willingness as a leaf to do whatever needed to help his teammates and do his job.
He has no place on the leafs or Marlies unless the leafs picked him up as insurance in the playoffs for massive injury replacement or to help out the marlies in their playoff quest.

Back