• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2018-2019 Edition

Domi suspended for the rest of the pre-season.

What a harsh, harsh punishment by the league. I'm sure Domi's gutted that he'll be missing games that he doesn't get paid for, and that no veteran wants to play anyway.

The NHL is just so awful at protecting the players. It's disgusting.

Ekblad has a well-documented history of concussions from just his brief NHL career. Wonder why the formerly emerging star is not quite the force he used to be? I'm sure the concussions have something to do with it.

So, a twerp like Domi comes along and sucker punches him, producing facial bleeding and head trauma. The NHL's answer to protecting Ekblad? A slap on the wrist for Domi. It's too bad the class action didn't get through.

I'm not surprised but I'm disappointed. The minimum I'd have been "satisfied" with would have been the 5 preseason games and 3 regular season games. But 10 regular season games would have sent the proper message.

**** that.

Might as well have them wear bubble wrap and purses. 10 games? I’ve seen far more vicious hits get far less.

**** that.

Might as well have them wear bubble wrap and purses. 10 games? I’ve seen far more vicious hits get far less.

A hit is potentially, and usually a legal play. A punch never is. There's no arguing of intent there and its intent to injure someone who isnt willing to engage. No extenuating circumstances here, he wasnt defending himself, wasnt provoked, etc.

Should have been 5 regular season games minimum.

What a piece of shit. He just found his way into permanent scum status, in my book, at least.

Why the **** would he do that to a guy, in a preseason game, no less?

**** that.

What's more of an intentional head shot than a punch to the face of a guy with his hands by his side?

Hits at least can be argued that a player was just reacting to another moving player and they make a mistake. This? This is a guy who is trying to pick a fight and the other guy is refusing and has his hands down, actively avoiding a fight... and Domi decides to punch him square in the face. Very intentional and premeditated.

I've been calling for harsh punishment for sucker punches for a few years now. There's absolutely no room in the game for that. It's the only way to remove that shit from the game.

What a piece of shit. He just found his way into permanent scum status, in my book, at least.

Why the **** would he do that to a guy, in a preseason game, no less?

something tells me you do not feel the same way about kadri

Back