• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 Draft Discussion

Should we be adding/dropping our guys in Fantrax, or will someone just do it en masse at the end?

It was discussed on pages 6-7 of this thread as being unowned (due to some kind of glitch) and therefore removed from the draft.

Through some discussion with other managers, can we get clarification on how rosters are to work during the draft? I'm under the impression we can draft whoever with our picks and after the draft if you are above the roster limit you have until the season begins to fix that and at this point protected and unprotected lists are locked in. For instance if I wanted to draft another unprotected player, do I have to then drop one of my players now?

Through some discussion with other managers, can we get clarification on how rosters are to work during the draft? I'm under the impression we can draft whoever with our picks and after the draft if you are above the roster limit you have until the season begins to fix that and at this point protected and unprotected lists are locked in. For instance if I wanted to draft another unprotected player, do I have to then drop one of my players now?

I was under the impression you had to keep your roster "legal", but I'm not particularly fussed about it. I did tell Kellen he had to drop a guy once his roster was full, however.

If you are at max players and draft someone who puts you over, you need to drop someone immediately. For example, If i have 20 roster and 5 reserve slots filled. If I drafted another player (in this case who is not minor eligible) I would have to drop someone immediately and indicate who I’m dropping.

Yeah, the rule has always been to stay at or under the max of 50 players (20 active, 5 reserve, 25 minors), but we generally don't worry about it during the draft. Try to get the roster fixed after the draft is done.

Yeah, the rule has always been to stay at or under the max of 50 players (20 active, 5 reserve, 25 minors), but we generally don't worry about it during the draft. Try to get the roster fixed after the draft is done.

This is my thought, otherwise it's more difficult to make trades or make multiple moves.

We always worry about it during the draft. The person dropped should become eligible to be drafted. If we wait until after the draft it’s too late.

Wouldn't they just be dropping unprotected players, who are already available in the draft?

Speaking of which, the unprotected pool is weak sauce this year - is it because of the dispersal draft?

Wouldn't they just be dropping unprotected players, who are already available in the draft?

Speaking of which, the unprotected pool is weak sauce this year - is it because of the dispersal draft?

That probably has an effect. You had the 2nd place team go in.

The champ also basically made trades and went to a younger, if not rebuilding roster.

So yeah, it's mostly from dispersal, but it is weak.

Back