• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 Draft Discussion

Did we ever look into being able to drop our old rosters and add players as we draft them. Makes it easier to see our rosters as I have a few owners talking trade.

I am hypothetically working on a trade in which i would land Milan Lucic, who has been left unprotected by Tully.

I in turn would protect him. So if the Rookie draft is starting now, without us doing the dispersal, how does that work?

Axl was right, the entry draft cannot start until all of the protected lists are completed.

Time to start the process of getting the correct players added for each of the 7 dispersal teams. Unless someone has a better suggestion, I can't see a way to do this in Fantrax other than to simply drop (and later add) each player one by one.

Can every team in the dispersal draft go into your roster page and drop all your players. May as well keep any players currently on your team who you have also selected in the draft.

Once this is done I'll begin the process of adding them.

And I'll ask again, can each of you make a concerted effort for the rest of this week to check in here more frequently, and if you are going to be offline for a long period of time, send a list of 4-5 players to either HP, Deckie or myself so we can keep this draft moving. Really need to get this done so we can move on to the league-wide draft soon.

Time to start the process of getting the correct players added for each of the 7 dispersal teams. Unless someone has a better suggestion, I can't see a way to do this in Fantrax other than to simply drop (and later add) each player one by one.

Can every team in the dispersal draft go into your roster page and drop all your players. May as well keep any players currently on your team who you have also selected in the draft.

Once this is done I'll begin the process of adding them.

You can do it through "Import Players" on the Commissioner tab, easiest way for sure.

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

No problem bud... has made things a lot smoother for me in various leagues.

But just a heads up, if you use the Fantrax draft, as soon as that's started, you can't use the Import Players page anymore.

Just a heads up to everyone in this draft if you want to drop your old roster and see new roster you will have to start dropping players from old roster. Makes it easier to plan your team and for trade talks

Don't worry about it now guys, HN's method will work quicker. Just give me a day or so to get it all finished.

When I asked people to check in more frequently, what I meant was to make MORE picks, not none.

We can't waste entire days because we don't have any days to waste.

One more time : IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OFFLINE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, LEAVE A LIST.

When I asked people to check in more frequently, what I meant was to make MORE picks, not none.

We can't waste entire days because we don't have any days to waste.

One more time : IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OFFLINE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME, LEAVE A LIST.

We should put a clock on soon if we want to get another 20 rounds done in a week.. 4 hours seem fair?

We should put a clock on soon if we want to get another 20 rounds done in a week.. 4 hours seem fair?

I'm fine with this.

I can't speak for the rest of the drafters but

a) i'm on prospects only now
b) i have a list of at least 30 made for myself and i usually give Deck a top 5 depending where we are in the draft if i'm heading off grid for a bit.

That said, i know Bobby is out of the country and his main contact TJF has been at a funeral for a day or two.

I feel like as a group we've done a good job, but these last few rounds could be harder to do.

I also can't speak for the rest of my drafters, but at a certain point when my current list depletes i am very likely to just bow out and address my remaining roster spots via free agency once the FA draft is done. I feel it would speed up the draft and frankly give me the same + more options in a month.

I'm fine with this.

I can't speak for the rest of the drafters but

a) i'm on prospects only now
b) i have a list of at least 30 made for myself and i usually give Deck a top 5 depending where we are in the draft if i'm heading off grid for a bit.

That said, i know Bobby is out of the country and his main contact TJF has been at a funeral for a day or two.

I feel like as a group we've done a good job, but these last few rounds could be harder to do.

I also can't speak for the rest of my drafters, but at a certain point when my current list depletes i am very likely to just bow out and address my remaining roster spots via free agency once the FA draft is done. I feel it would speed up the draft and frankly give me the same + more options in a month.

I'm with Jonas. I have a list of players that I still want as well, but it is depleting quickly. Once my list is empty I will likely bow out of the draft as well, since there won't be anyone left I'm interested in.

A clock on picks is ok with me. I try to check in once an hour or so. I'm ready for this dispersal draft to soon be over so we can move on.

Ideas:

1. divvy up the 4th round picks, that would save a round right there.

2. Maybe get guys to create a no draft list (guys they don't care about) and randomly assign them at the end of the draft.

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but to be clear you guys have actually done really well so far and the draft has moved at a reasonable pace. We just need to speed it up if possible, or at the very least keep it going because the options are getting much less interesting and we can't afford to have things slow down to a crawl.

As mentioned, if you'll be offline for several hours just give a list of a few players to HP, Deckie and myself.

Let's see how much we can get done over the next couple of days, and starting Sunday we'll implement a 4-hour clock (turned off from 12:00midnight to 8:00am).

Back