• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

I'm Only Posting Because...

if he was from WV, he would have married his real sister. :)

He divorced his Dexter co-star and is now married to someone else. She is now married to Seth Avett of the Avett brothers band, she must like men from NC.

I nominate this for most obnoxious post of the year! It has it all, self-righteousness, uninformed passive aggressiveness, with just a hint of "Look at me I know more than anyone else cuz I'm not from there anymore" . Kudos. I couldn't have topped this with a hangover and 48 hours of no sleep after listening to Justin Bieber for 10 straight hours.

Thanks! High honor coming from you.

For the record, I can be as obnoxious as I feel about college football on a Canes hockey board. I am not a fan of any regions NCAA football teams as they are all about as corrupt as possible. It is all about big money and winning, which is why class individuals like Urban Meyer still are employed. The NCAA is a joke when it comes to power conferences and "big time" football. Pay the damn kids and just make it a version of pro sports.

You can't pay the players!! They need that cash to pay coaches like K his $10 mil a year. K needs that money to cover the bootblack for his hair.

Wow, I was just hoping to regenerate some hockey talk. Unfortunately, I now regret starting this thread.

No kidding. This is the civil board. Perhaps better to walk away than get heated.

No kidding. This is the civil board. Perhaps better to walk away than get heated.

Nah, we’re OK...for now.

Shoulda seen this board at one of the old sites when we didn’t shut down a political thread fast enough. That got ugly in a hurry.

Wow, I was just hoping to regenerate some hockey talk. Unfortunately, I now regret starting this thread.

Amen Kurtzie! To quote an overused saying..."no good deed goes unpunished!"

Speaking of good deeds, Jeffbear offered up a pair of tickets to the Canes exhibition game to me and my son for the Caniac Carnival...yet the technology does not allow for the tickets to be transferred since they are only an online only ticket, so I just wanted to say thanks to JB for the good deed in his attempts!

For the record, I can be as obnoxious as I feel about college football on a Canes hockey board.

Yeah ... no, actually you can't.

Ya see, this here is a hockey board and while I enjoy a bit of banter about off topic stuff, especially in the off season, when it goes too far then so does my patience.

Nah, we’re OK...for now.

Shoulda seen this board at one of the old sites when we didn’t shut down a political thread fast enough. That got ugly in a hurry.

Lesson

Learned

Jeez, people are too thinned skin around here. JeffBear and Paulie can get into their usual State vs. Carolina stuff and I am the bad guy? I only crapped on the state of college football in NC as a whole (satire anyone?) as I tire of reading the college squabbles around whatever the message board rumor of the day is between State, Carolina, Duke, ECU, etc that always end up on this board.

I think everyone is ready for some hockey. It is all good, if anything it perked some folks on the board up a bit during a dead period. All in fun....

I think everyone is ready for some hockey. It is all good, if anything it perked some folks on the board up a bit during a dead period. All in fun....

This is the bottom line.

And for the record, I wasn't picking on you .... just clarifying that there IS a line, and that the line is fuzzier in the off season.

This is the bottom line.

And for the record, I wasn't picking on you .... just clarifying that there IS a line, and that the line is fuzzier in the off season.

No problem. The board is just in training camp preparing for the season. Soon we can all turn our attention to the Canes goalies and center situation!! That should be a fun topic throughout the season. :)

Lesson

learned

indeed. Based on history, I'm very much OK with bigfooting-mods

NC is supposed to be a Bigfoot hotspot, you know. Not that I've ever seen or heard one in all my time in the mountains.

Jeez, people are too thinned skin around here. JeffBear and Paulie can get into their usual State vs. Carolina stuff and I am the bad guy? I only crapped on the state of college football in NC as a whole (satire anyone?) as I tire of reading the college squabbles around whatever the message board rumor of the day is between State, Carolina, Duke, ECU, etc that always end up on this board.

I agree, CP. I don't regret what I said. I do enjoy reading your post. It's all good. I'll try and be nicer

I agree Jeff. This is a hockey board and I will try harder to remember that.

How bout that President Trump!!! I ked, I ked

The Leafs side of the board has an OT Political thread if anyone's interested... I lurk over there sometimes because I usually use the New Posts link in the menu bar to navigate ForumIce, so it's usually right there.

That said I do appreciate that the Canes group tends to for the most part stick to sports (& sports business/law/politic etc..); within that the occasional sports shot across the bow of your favorite (or least favorite) college side should be within bounds. :) And hey it's the vast hockey wasteland of post-free agency, pre-camp, so good on Kurtzie for tryin' to shake the trees a little.

Yeah ... and politics boards and the like are all well and good. We had that feature back on our last two platforms and the conversation was pretty robust. But this community basically revolves around three fanbases (us, Montreal and Toronto) and all I want to do as the responsible party is to make dead sure we maintain an environment where the chance to engage in meaningful discussion about the Hurricanes and the NHL is available. For good or bad, that includes kind of throwing the occasional wet blanket over topics that stray from that mission when they get too emotionally charged. Sometimes that makes me unpopular, and I'm absolutely certain that I'm not 100% even-handed in those decisions because, let's face it ... I'm as flawed as the next guy and nobody who is 100% dispassionate is any fun to be around.

But, remember, at the end of the day the moderation of this board is about keeping it open for discussion about the hockey and I absolutely invite ANYONE to call me out on any moderation that even remotely appears to be about anything else. The other two primary boards on this site have different rules than we do here, and that's fine too. My take on the college stuff is that it all well and good until it gets to the point where somebody's collegiate allegiance starts to get in the way of having meaningful conversations about NHL hockey. Since college football and basketball are completely irrelevant to that end, I see any serious aggro on that front to be a distraction from the main directive. Lite gauge aggro ... that's fine, but for me there IS a line and I'm 100% certain that I've waltzed over it a time or two myself. Generally in the off season.

Last edited:
I think you do a great job Jeff. I have absolutely no problem with being called out when I get "Spirited"! I know what I'm like.

I feel like everybody gets to say their thing and it's easy to scroll past people I see no value in reading.

I do wish we had an ignore option, but then I'd be posting messages to myself.

Back