• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

I'm Only Posting Because...

HeyKurtz

I don't think we've ever gone five days without a post on this board!

Man, hockey season can't start soon enough. My Mets have been dead since June and while I'm very high on my Vikings, I find preseason NFL unwatchable. Thank goodness for my 3-0-0 Spurs, who are second on the Premier League table!

Drop the puck!

Preseason NFL is just about totally useless from a fan perspective. Although I know people who are already smack talking based on their 2nd string beating up on someone's 3rd string.

3rd NFL preseason game normally has the starters play 1/2 of the game but not for all teams so that is decent. Cowboys did not play their starters vs. AZ. this week the 4th game is a lot of players who will be cut a day later.

My Cardinals have gone all walking dead on me, so I've had some baseball to tide me over. And soccer of course, since that never really goes away. But yeah ... when it's time to start enjoying something with some physical contact ... bring on the hockey baby. College football is all well and good, but I've lost most of my connection to NFL football over the last few years. I'm ready for some NHL action.

Preseason NFL is just about totally useless from a fan perspective. Although I know people who are already smack talking based on their 2nd string beating up on someone's 3rd string.

I went to the Panthers/Patriots America on Friday. The 3rd exhibition game used to be the dress rehearsal with the starters getting most of the action. The 2nd half was a battle of the backups. Fortunately, they passed out a game day program when we went in that had the 3 deep rosters in the centerfold. The changes in cut down rules have exacerbated the problem because teams only have 1 roster cut, from 90 to 53, coming next week.

As for the Mets, you get to see a good game once every 5 days when deGrom pitches. He should sue his teammates for non-support.

I honestly thought the site was down.

I'm going to Greenville this weekend to see my beloved Pirates. I'm going to enjoy this weekend while (and if) I can.

I honestly thought the site was down.

I'm going to Greenville this weekend to see my beloved Pirates. I'm going to enjoy this weekend while (and if) I can.

This year will be a contest to see which NC based FB coach is fired first. UNC and ECU guys are likely gone , ECU guy might get another year. UNC can use the NCAA shoe stuff to get rid of Fedora unless he has a really good year .

As for the Mets, you get to see a good game once every 5 days when deGrom pitches. He should sue his teammates for non-support.

Twice every five days...Wheeler has been a beast for the last two months.

My Metsies have actually been decent recently...playing better than 500 ball since their ridiculous June swoon. This McNeil kid they brought up to play 2nd every day since trading Cabrera has been a revelation.

That said, I’m ready for some hockey!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This year will be a contest to see which NC based FB coach is fired first. UNC and ECU guys are likely gone , ECU guy might get another year. UNC can use the NCAA shoe stuff to get rid of Fedora unless he has a really good year .

Excellent analysis. I might be a little more impressed if you actually knew the ECU head football coaches' name.

You mean Scottie Montgomery who came there from Duke , and who played at Duke and also played and coached in the NFL? It's not like it's a big secret who the guy is. Also it does not help Montgomery that he replaced a fired coach , Ruffin McNeill , who was popular and only had 1 down year. That's a strange complaint I left the guys name off.

You mean Scottie Montgomery who came there from Duke , and who played at Duke and also played and coached in the NFL? It's not like it's a big secret who the guy is. Also it does not help Montgomery that he replaced a fired coach , Ruffin McNeill , who was popular and only had 1 down year. That's a strange complaint I left the guys name off.

I thought it was Pat Dye...

N&O is rolling out a sports only subscription for their website. I think first they need to get a real paywall that a 3rd grader cannot get around.

Yeah Google!

They should have kept McNeill as coach but I guess there is a slight chance Montgomery might survive. Not easy to win at ECU when they have to compete with ACC teams for talent along with SEC and Big 10 teams who recruit here as well - but McNeill won. I guess ECU is not the first team to fire a good coach and hire a weak replacement.

Well, i don’t know about the Pirates but I guess I will learn as my son is a freshman there. As a UNC grad I could care less if Fedora hits the trail. So far, I’ve seen lots of sizzle but not much steak.

I tend to think there was some well kept secrets involving McNeills firing. I'd be surprised if it was just about wins and losses.

Most likely McNeill was not liked by an ECU big donor or 2. If those money guys don't like you one down year and you are a goner. Rumor has it that's what happened with Amato, he did not kiss the big NCSU donors rings, he had a down year and he gets the ax. Ironically his last game was vs. ECU at home where he lost . He was 3-9 that year.

Rumor has it that's what happened with Amato, he did not kiss the big NCSU donors rings, he had a down year and he gets the ax. Ironically his last game was vs. ECU at home where he lost . He was 3-9 that year.

This is not the right forum, so I'm not going to bother except to say that you're dead wrong. But thanks for continuing to take gratuitous uninformed potshots at State athletics every summer. I'd hate for an off season to go by without that tradition being upheld.

you mean Chuck the Chest was well loved by Wendell Murphy and his buddies in the skyboxes? The guys who can booze it up legally while the unwashed masses have to sneak in booze?

Actually come to think of it , Amato is another example of a coach fired and replaced by a guy who was no better than him right? :) Also I recall folks worrying Chuck was going to leave NCSU for FSU. And they were right, he did go back to FSU, just not for the job they thought. :smilielol5:

Back