• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Miscellaneous News Thread

Stan Bowman is taking a lot of heat among Blackhawk fans for giving Quenneville a crap roster, leading to his firing. Here is Daniel Carcillo with a different take on how Bowman saved his life by getting him into treatment for opioid addiction.

https://mobile.twitter.com/carbombboom13/status/1060291110742974464

Being a good human being doesn't make you a good GM. Bowman is a decent man ... but he just hasn't handled their roster well as the salary cap pressure ratchets up. And let's face it, bringing Quenneville back for this season was a move that almost nobody outside the Hawks organization thought was a good idea. He's a really good coach, but not a great fit for what they need in the short term in Chicago. Or the long term as they inevitably tear this core down and rebuild.

NHL arbitrator Shyam Das reduces Tom Wilson’s suspension to 14 games. He’s eligible to play tonight. He reduced another suspension earlier this year. He was the arbitrator that overturned Ryan Braun’s PED suspension a few years ago. Immediately thereafter, MLB told him that his services were no longer required. The NHL should do the same.

https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-16287/nhl-and-nhlpa-statement-on-tom-wilson-suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head hunting has been declared open season, no license needed. I hope the nhlpa is happy with this.

Fast grunt in, fast grunt out. I guess Pearson is a bit taller so the Pens win??

Pearson is also 4 years younger and is signed through the 20-21 season. Both carry a $3.75 million cap hit.

Pearson is also 4 years younger and is signed through the 20-21 season. Both carry a $3.75 million cap hit.

Bottom line ... classic shakeup move. Nobody gains anything of note.

They were/are the 2 oldest rosters in the NHL too (and it isn't particularly close between them and the other 29 teams), so the Pens moved in the right direction on this one.

Preds Viktor Arvidsson out 6-8 weeks with a broken thumb.

Blue Jackets playing tonight without Panarin and Boborovsky due to illness, let's see if that carries over to Saturday night vs the Canes.

Blue Jackets playing tonight without Panarin and Boborovsky due to illness, let's see if that carries over to Saturday night vs the Canes.

Torts is sick too, he sent an assistant out to do the post game presser last night. Hope the boys got their flu shots and stocked up on Vitamin C.

Rangers trade Ryan Spooner to Edmonton for Ryan Strome. The Rangers retain $900k of Spooner’s salary so the money is a wash. Both contracts expire after next season, Spooner will be a UFA, Strome a RFA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nyrangers/status/1063529666089287680

A pair of two point players on the year changing teams...sad to see what $3 to $4 million bucks a year buys you these days. Spooner makes $4 million per, Strome $3.1 million per...neither of these two have lit the world on fire in their careers.

Back