• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Miscellaneous News Thread

when a team wins the fans don't worry much about former players or coaches.

if the team is losing they start to blame the former coach , especially in college sports since that guy recruited the players

if things go really bad they say "maybe that last coach was not so bad after all" :)

Meh. That depends. Not every coach is popular with a fanbase even if they do win. And what kind of terms you leave on makes a difference too. Babcock has alienated multiple fanbases despite winning everywhere he's been. When a guy acts like an ass, people tend to wish ill of him in the future. Go figure.

You have jerks like Bobby Knight who were tolerated when they won. But after he stopped winning a lot , he was booted out pretty quick for minor stuff compared to the stuff he did when he won like throwing chairs across the court and assaulting players.

Skinner played 19:14 with almost 4 minutes of PP time in his Sabres preseason debut. No points -1....skating with Eichel and Okposo.

Another bridge deal...Sam Reinhart signed for 2 years $7.3 million.

I think the Leafs may have to bridge Nylander as well, Dubas is trying to be creative to get all the big boys signed, but Nylander wants big money and term and the Leafs have to make Matthews and Marner a higher priority long term.

G Ondrej Pavelec retired at 31, he was a UFA this summer but did not sign anywhere after 11 years in the NHL. Played last year for the Rangers, before that Atlanta/Winnipeg

Domi suspended for the rest of the preseason. No regular season games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have been a minimum of 3 regular season games. Would have liked to see 5... or even 10. There's no room in the game for that crap.

Should have been a minimum of 3 regular season games. Would have liked to see 5... or even 10. There's no room in the game for that crap.

Even just keeping him out for opening night would have been more appropriate I think ... and not too much of a stretch either.

I think Florida will take care of Domi vigilante style, since the league did absolutely nothing about it. I won't be bothered at all if someone clobbers Domi next time they play. He has earned it and by ignoring the crime with no real punishmemt, the league is settng a "handle it yourself" precedent.

When Luongo was interviewed after the game he added "We'll remember it" to his "I'm sure the league will look into it" comments.

Back