• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Miscellaneous News Thread

I'd like to see stronger suspension options in the next CBA for these types of issues. And a MUCH stiffer fine structure in general ... maybe indexed to the salary cap.

Agree and would have no issues if the NHL took an even stricter stance regarding fines/suspension for domestic violence but I would like to see the general public at least match the NHL's stance. How great would it be to see people fined 1/3 of thier annual salary in the general population? It would lead to more awareness and deterance if people had to face those types of penalties for domestic violence. Austin Watson lost a lot more, and will face far more PR consequences, than the average person. That should be addressed for everyone.

I moved the Rask pots to the Canes preseason thread and the Karlsson posts to the Ottawa thread

seems like it's overdue for the NHL to have a policy on domestic violence like the other 3 major leagues .

Yeah, but it would take a new, full collective bargaining agreement thanks to the crappy relationship between the NHL and the NHLPA ....and rest assured that the owners don't want any part of that right now. They haven't managed to murder their own finances badly enough yet. They will eventually though. That much is assured.

The Calgary Flames have named Johnny Hockey and Derek Ryan as co-captains. Leopards don’t change their spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Calgary Flames have named Johnny Hockey and Derek Ryan as co-captains. Leopards don’t change their spots.

The reason why JW wasn't named captain last season was he was new to the team-- no, he was known to Ward, Brind'Amour, the front office, the entire league, Conn-Smyth and Stanley Cups. He wasn't known to Sir Kinetico

Boston and Calgary opened preseason this AM in China. they play again in China on Wed. They only sent part of their teams there , they are split squad games.

I almost feel sorry for Flames fans. They are in for some head scratching suckage.

Back