• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Max traded to Golden Knights

I have not read one so called hockey expert say this was a bad trade for the Habs but.... there is tons of Habs fans on twitter thinking this was the worst trade ever. What did they expect to get??? We came out like bandits in this trade ...
and for the record, i do believe that Max did indeed ask for a trade. His agent lied to stir the pot and get the wheels turning.

I have not read one so called hockey expert say this was a bad trade for the Habs but.... there is tons of Habs fans on twitter thinking this was the worst trade ever. What did they expect to get??? We came out like bandits in this trade ...

i think most of those just wanted to keep maxpac

forgetting the habs are rebuilding

and for the record, i do believe that Max did indeed ask for a trade. His agent lied to stir the pot and get the wheels turning.

As Worm said -- those fans liked Patch and wanted to keep him regardless of how the team does going forward.

Hab fans have heard of Max, and they saw him score a goal when they watched a game. Sometimes that is enough to want to keep him for some folks. Fans that want to know the names of the players even if the team sucks will never like it when trades for picks and prospects happen.

I can understand this mentality if you are a child and your favorite player is Max. It always hurts to see your favorites get moved when you are a child.

the term is actually shocking
basically takes him through the end of his prime

Yes, I'm surprised he signed it, given that he rejected a 6x6 contract before (allegedly). However he only needs to make 4M the following two years to break even. Still curious.

Yes, I'm surprised he signed it, given that he rejected a 6x6 contract before (allegedly). However he only needs to make 4M the following two years to break even. Still curious.

Not surprised at all that he signed GW

Term is not a friend for vets over 30 hitting UFA these days ...optics have changed

Injured last year so why take a risk

Maybe his wife saw the highlites of Max on TSN last night when the stanchion nearly took his head off and said sign a deal

32 mil over the next 5 years is ok $

I guess that's possible . . . but it strikes me as unlikely. The trade was contingent on him signing with L.A. so some sort of contract was probably offered, which Max apparently rejected.
i doubt he ultimately took 8 million less although it might be advantageous. He will only be what 34 when this contract ends, could get 3 at 8 then. I'm more shocked he agreed to take 21 million less than Kane.

Not surprised at all that he signed GW

Term is not a friend for vets over 30 hitting UFA these days ...optics have changed

Injured last year so why take a risk

Maybe his wife saw the highlites of Max on TSN last night when the stanchion nearly took his head off and said sign a deal

32 mil over the next 5 years is ok $
not when Kane gets 49 over 7.

After losing Neal, Tatar was not the odd man out. I’m not crazy about Tatar but at least he’s serviceable.

I still think its very important to team philosophy that all players play the same way. Tatar didn't and he just couldn't stay. For the Habs it doesn't matter, cause the team isnt going to play a meaningful game for the rest of Tatar's contract.

I still think its very important to team philosophy that all players play the same way. Tatar didn't and he just couldn't stay. For the Habs it doesn't matter, cause the team isnt going to play a meaningful game for the rest of Tatar's contract.

i would like to flip him

Also it will be interesting to see how Max fits with his new team. Stastny might be a good match for his playmaking centre.

Max doesn't take 7m in Montreal. The taxes make BIG a difference, and you better believe that living in COMPLETE anonymity had to appeal to him after living in a fish bowl for 8 seasons.

Max doesn't take 7m in Montreal. The taxes make BIG a difference, and you better believe that living in COMPLETE anonymity had to appeal to him after living in a fish bowl for 8 seasons.

I think he takes 7m if the term is at least 6 years. But the Habs would never offer that.

it is going around twitter that he would have to make 9.87 with us to net out the same, find that hard to believe but whatever

The Canadian based owners need to stop taking it up the ass from the parasitical organizations. Either we get cap relief due to taxation differences or no more welfare to the parasites.

it is going around twitter that he would have to make 9.87 with us to net out the same, find that hard to believe but whatever

The Canadian based owners need to stop taking it up the ass from the parasitical organizations. Either we get cap relief due to taxation differences or no more welfare to the parasites.

Agreed. I have no idea how a league with revenue sharing can't come up with...for lack of a better term... a "universal dollar". We prop up teams like Carolina and Arizona but at the same time have a disadvantage based on taxes or cost of living? I mean WTF?

Agreed. I have no idea how a league with revenue sharing can't come up with...for lack of a better term... a "universal dollar". We prop up teams like Carolina and Arizona but at the same time have a disadvantage based on taxes or cost of living? I mean WTF?

the complexity of taxes makes it tough

especially because it changes with the amounts you make, the loop holes you find, etc

throw in cost of living and such

i assume the NBA does not have this?

i would solve the issue with a luxury tax

Back