Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Max traded to Golden Knights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Max traded to Golden Knights

I am impressed. Solid centre prospect and a 2nd. Tatar is meh but needed to even out some $

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...36/nick-suzuki

A smart offensive center who thinks the game at a fast pace and makes very good decisions on a consistent basis. Though he may not be the biggest player on the ice, Suzuki plays a thick, sturdy game and is hard to knock off the puck, especially when he has his feet moving. He's an excellent skater that knows his own game well. Skilled with the puck and has a high level of hockey sense. This blend of talent and work ethic is hard to come by, invaluable in the long run.

Has impressive quickness in his feet and an enviable top speed…agile and shifty…deceptive with quick hands, Futureconsiderations.ca 2017
    Nick is a very creative forward with strong passing ability, but likes to shoot the puck as much as possible, Hockeyprospect.com 2017

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    when did 5'11 become big?
    When did 5í11Ē become small? I would say 5í10 - 6í is average.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habs53 View Post
    We are probably going to suck this year but we are gonna be set a C in the coming years. Kinda refreshing
    Iím fine with them being terrible if it nets the Habs a first overall this year.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

again though, a star traded and the biggest need not filled. Left D this time.
    How do you figure? Suzuki is a center and one of the biggest needs.

TBH I really donít know how I feel about this trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    The proposed Kings trade involved Dolan their second rounder in 2017 , this years first and cap fillers

This deal is superior as NS has top line upside .

I canít believe this clown pulled this off

I think what pulled this deal off was us taking Tatar off their hands more than them taking Max off ours . He was the odd man out and Nick was the sweetener to the deal .
    After losing Neal, Tatar was not the odd man out. Iím not crazy about Tatar but at least heís serviceable.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I like this deal even more because I was expecting MB to go after an older player just because he was born here and given MB's rocky past, most of us were scared. I think Suzuki has more scoring upside than Kot. Too bad this trade wasn't made before the draft, then we'd have taken a bigger scoring threat in Zadina.

Tatar was a healthy scratch most of the finals. But he'll get plenty of playing time here to hopefully rebuild some value. I think we dump him for a second at the deadline. Overall not a bad trade considering the only thing Suzuki needs to work on really is adding muscle mass, and he can do that by eating poutine and then working out.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BERGEVIN SUCKS D*NK*Y B**LS

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to seeing a few people admit they were wrong. We got a very good prospect and a 2nd. That's pretty good for 1 year of Pacioretty.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    I am impressed. Solid centre prospect and a 2nd. Tatar is meh but needed to even out some $
    The impressive part is we got back the type of prospect we have been chatting about on this forum for a year .

We were mentioning guys like Bellows and Nick is in that tier of definitely top 6 and front line upside.

This is the type of haul I expected a year earlier when Max had 2 years left on his deal .

Tatar is like your Grabner or Paranteau type , they score 20 and dont hurt you

Dont mind at all taking on 3 years of his contract to get Nick in return.

Post Thanks / Like

when did 5'11 become big?
    When did it become that the only options were big and small? Most players in the league fall in between... and Suzuki is in that group.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Tatar was older. Heís only 27.

The 2nd round pick is Columbusís pick BTW and this is supposed to be a deep draft. A first would have been better.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    I look forward to seeing a few people admit they were wrong. We got a very good prospect and a 2nd. That's pretty good for 1 year of Pacioretty.
    First to admit I never expected this haul this late in the cycle for Max with the shit show going on .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    The impressive part is we got back the type of prospect we have been chatting about on this forum for a year .

We were mentioning guys like Bellows and Nick is in that tier of definitely top 6 and front line upside.

This is the type of haul I expected a year earlier when Max had 2 years left on his deal .

Tatar is like your Grabner or Paranteau type , they score 20 and dont hurt you

Dont mind at all taking on 3 years of his contract to get Nick in return.
    Agreed. Max is a 30-34 goal guy that was going to cost 7-8m. Tatar has scored 20+ goals 5 Years straight is younger and is under control for 2m less.

Suzuki is likely a 2nd liner centre, small chance of first line. The Habs havenít had enough of these guys in the system.

To get that plus a second round pick when the whole world knew you had to deal max and his piece of shit agent Alan Walsh is pretty amazing actually.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Max is a 30-34 goal guy that was going to cost 7-8m. Tatar has scored 20+ goals 5 Years straight is younger and is under control for 2m less.

Suzuki is likely a 2nd liner centre, small chance of first line. The Habs haven’t had enough of these guys in the system.

To get that plus a second round pick when the whole world knew you had to deal max and his piece of shit agent Alan Walsh is pretty amazing actually.
    Good thing is Nick and Jesperi can both play wing if need be.

This draft is loaded at C . A top 5 pick will land you one of them

Finally the dots are starting to connect a bit better

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The Craig Rivet trade that keeps on giving!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like this deal a lot.

It checks all the boxes

We get an NHL guy that can jump into a top six role and is two years younger than Max
    We get a second rounder

And most importantly we get an A level prospect in Suzuki.
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Suzuki is likely a 2nd liner centre, small chance of first line. The Habs haven’t had enough of these guys in the system.

Anyone else feel that Mcphee is going down a dangerous road giving up futures as he has been the last year?

What did he give up to get Tatar?
    Go Habs Go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Anyone else feel that Mcphee is going down a dangerous road giving up futures as he has been the last year?

What did he give up to get Tatar?
    VEGAS (February 26, 2018) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, February 26, the following roster transaction: the team has acquired forward Tomas Tatar from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for three draft picks: Vegas' own first round pick in 2018, a second round pick in 2019 (originally belonging to New York Islanders) and Vegas' own third round pick in 2021.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade won't work out, likely because it was made by Bergevin. Somehow, he'll get fleeced.Excitement seems to follow all our trades, including from some quarters, the Subban deal.

Doubtful Suzuki or Tatar turns into near the player Pacioretty was/is,regardless of the politics,money etc. aspects of the trade..Regardless of his less than stellar playoffs, he was the only true scorer we had in what, 20 years? Too bad we couldn't have kept him.

There, some balance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by east coast View Post
    This trade won't work out, likely because it was made by Bergevin. Somehow, he'll get fleeced.Excitement seems to follow all our trades, including from some quarters, the Subban deal.

Doubtful Suzuki or Tatar turns into near the player Pacioretty was/is,regardless of the politics,money etc. aspects of the trade..Regardless of his less than stellar playoffs, he was the only true scorer we had in what, 20 years? Too bad we couldn't have kept him.

There, some balance.
    Meh, just use the broken clock is right twice a day mentality and be glad it wasn't a giveaway. I've been reading up on Suzuki this morning, very promising prospect that may be in the NHL as early as late this season or beginning of next.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast