• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Max traded to Golden Knights

We are probably going to suck this year but we are gonna be set a C in the coming years. Kinda refreshing

again though, a star traded and the biggest need not filled. Left D this time.

Your biggest need is centre, and Suzuki is a really good centre prospect.

This is a brilliant move.

I can't see the torpedoed Kings trade having been better than this, and I doubt McPhee made this trade without having an extension number agreed to.

Your biggest need is centre, and Suzuki is a really good centre prospect.

This is a brilliant move.

I can't see the torpedoed Kings trade having been better than this, and I doubt McPhee made this trade without having an extension number agreed to.

The proposed Kings trade involved Dolan their second rounder in 2017 , this years first and cap fillers

This deal is superior as NS has top line upside .

I can’t believe this clown pulled this off

I think what pulled this deal off was us taking Tatar off their hands more than them taking Max off ours . He was the odd man out and Nick was the sweetener to the deal .

Last edited:
I don't mind this trade at all. It's actually pretty good.

It's mostly MaxPac for Suzuki. Tatar is there to even out the salary and the 2nd is whatever season.

Nick Suzuki might be in the NHL this season. If not, it'll be at the start of the 2019-2020.

Habs might (arguably) have the best center prospect depth in the NHL with this trade.

when did 5'11 become big?
It's not big, but in the modern NHL that's more than big enough for the player's size to be irrelevant if the player's got high-end scoring potential, which Suzuki does. I'm honestly surprised that McPhee coughed him up in this deal. That's a really nice prospect to be giving up for a pending UFA coming off a bad season.

Throw in the second round pick, and Tatar who's under contract for three more years and is typically good for around 25 goals, and I think this has got to be one of the better trades Bergevin's ever made.

The proposed Kings trade involved Dolan their second rounder in 2017 , this years first and cap fillers

I think what pulled this deal off was us taking Tatar off their hands more than them taking Max off ours . He was the odd man out and Nick was the sweetener to the deal .

yep

Took the possible embarrassement of the golf tournement to motivate him ...lol

Back