• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rebuilding: Where do we go from here?

worm

So with Max gone and an obvious sign the rebuild is going full speed what else do we have to trade.

I am going to assume Weber (hurt and big contract) is going nowhere. Price will need to rebound to even have a shot of being traded with that contract.
So with those two eliminated what do we have.

Upcoming UFAs
------------------
Pleks - Not sure anyone takes him for much value this time. Best case scenario he performs well and can be traded for a second.

Paul Byron - at 29 years old I say trade him for whatever

Froese - lol

Benn - trade him for whatever you can

So that is not much now that Max is gone.

The Others
-------------

Petry - This is the one guy that I think has some potential to bring back some assets. 3 years left and at the age that he does not help us for the next contract. If he can repeat last year you might have a few takers that give back a legit prospect.

Tatar and Shaw - I will lump them together because there is potential to trade both (while retaining salary) for picks/prospects. I would try to move both for whatever I can get.

The other person I explore is Gally. 3 years left at a good rate but due for an increase if he keeps is up. If the right deal is there I look to move him. If not it does not hurt to keep him either.

On Ice Product
-----------------

Hope Price gets hurt and the team sucks.
Play the hell out of the young guys like Drouin, Lehkonen, Scherbak, etc

agreed ... im not even sure he makes the team
well maybe with Weber being out

our left side is so bad, he might make it by default

Right side, Petry, Juulsen and Benn who knows maybe Burnout

Left, Mete, X X Reilly isn't any good nor is Valiev so Dumko likely slots into top four

Price is not going anywhere and Biceps is way too stubborn/arrogant to trade the guy allegedly who could make us better right now, hell he said already today that he is not rebuilding and needs the veteran leadership

Well his actions indicate that he is rebuilding so what he says is irrelevant. And we all know he lies anyway. I know that Price won't be dealt anytime soon but Weber is a definite possibility before the deadline.

Well his actions indicate that he is rebuilding so what he says is irrelevant. And we all know he lies anyway. I know that Price won't be dealt anytime soon but Weber is a definite possibility before the deadline.

no one wants to take on that contract, only we do stuff like that

anyway, remember we need to be at the cap floor, we are already 10 under this year with higher contracts coming off the books

not with his injury

Weber for Karlsson. :drink

They get a stable salary and an asset in return, despite their precarious situation. We get Karlsson to sign or move at the deadline.

:pepper

If he comes back before the deadline and shows that he's healthy and can play at a high level . . . there will be interest in him.

If he wants to be traded, all he has to do is set up a foundation and donate to a hospital, it got Max and PK traded

The upcoming deadline will be the next step in the rebuild.

All the pending UFAs should be traded or explored to be traded.

Petry and Tatar should be traded next offseason.

Constantly put out feelers for Weber.

Still don't like how MB is the guy in charge of this.

Last edited:
then waive him, he is a progress stopper, and remember people told me when I told him he was jettisoned by 6 teams, yeah but six others wanted him,,,

To whom, exactly? We have nothing on the left side.

We don't even know if those two European d-men we signed this summer can actually make it in the NHL or not.

So with Max gone and an obvious sign the rebuild is going full speed what else do we have to trade.

I am going to assume Weber (hurt and big contract) is going nowhere. Price will need to rebound to even have a shot of being traded with that contract.
So with those two eliminated what do we have.

Upcoming UFAs
------------------
Pleks - Not sure anyone takes him for much value this time. Best case scenario he performs well and can be traded for a second.

Paul Byron - at 29 years old I say trade him for whatever

Froese - lol

Benn - trade him for whatever you can

So that is not much now that Max is gone.

The Others
-------------

Petry - This is the one guy that I think has some potential to bring back some assets. 3 years left and at the age that he does not help us for the next contract. If he can repeat last year you might have a few takers that give back a legit prospect.

Tatar and Shaw - I will lump them together because there is potential to trade both (while retaining salary) for picks/prospects. I would try to move both for whatever I can get.

The other person I explore is Gally. 3 years left at a good rate but due for an increase if he keeps is up. If the right deal is there I look to move him. If not it does not hurt to keep him either.

On Ice Product
-----------------

Hope Price gets hurt and the team sucks.
Play the hell out of the young guys like Drouin, Lehkonen, Scherbak, etc

Pleks, Byron & Benn, later in the year / deadline rentals for some picks. I would also looking into seeing if there would be any takers for Joel Armia and/or Nicolas Deslauriers. Neither have any real long term future with the team anyway, plus they're easily replaceable, so if you can get picks for them...

Shaw isn't going anywhere, unfortunately. He's going to be here for the longrun.

Tatar might be possible to trade if he gets back to scoring ~25g, but I think he'll be someone we'll hold on to.

Petry is the guy I would be putting up for trade. He's the exact type of player in the exact situation you would want to trade for futures. He's 30, still in his prime, maybe slightly overpaid but whatever, we have some right handed d-men in the AHL that could possibly push to make a spot in the NHL.

Back