• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rebuilding: Where do we go from here?

It would have made sense to me to try and build a team in Laval around Kotkaniemi and Suzuki as 1-2 centres.

Develop them with Bouchard for what they are meant to be.
Let them be the go to guys in the AHL, plays in every situations and let them make all the mistake in the worlds.

Hopefully they would finds ways to dominate as a 1-2, learn how to win, and bring a championship for Laval.

Suzuki will play in the OHL this season and maybe join Laval depending on his playoffs

We should be in good shape at C finally after 20 plus years in 2-3 years time

It would have made sense to me to try and build a team in Laval around Kotkaniemi and Suzuki as 1-2 centres.

Develop them with Bouchard for what they are meant to be.
Let them be the go to guys in the AHL, play in every situations and let them make all the mistakes in the worlds.

Hopefully they would finds ways to dominate as a 1-2, learn how to win, and bring a championship for Laval.

Suzuki cant go there and I do not think Kotkaniemi would not be on the NHL team next year - though it is possible.

So it is tough to build the AHL team around those two.

Suzuki cant go there and I do not think Kotkaniemi would not be on the NHL team next year - though it is possible.

So it is tough to build the AHL team around those two.

Too bad they can’t do it.

It would have been good for the players and the organization IMO.

We are not expected to make the playoffs so there will be low expectations for him and less pressure. I am thinking staying with the big team may be the best choice.

Surprised no talking head has brought up the Pastrnak comparison. Came up as an 18-year old couple of months post 2014 draft, having played in Sweden his draft year.

Started 2014-2015 season with awful Bruins team, struggled then sent to AHL in Nov, called up post trade deadline, performed much better & upward progression was clearly visible in 2015-2016.

Surprised no talking head has brought up the Pastrnak comparison. Came up as an 18-year old couple of months post 2014 draft, having played in Sweden his draft year.

Started 2014-2015 season with awful Bruins team, struggled then sent to AHL in Nov, called up post trade deadline, performed much better & upward progression was clearly visible in 2015-2016.

Tons of examples of 18 year olds making it and not making it.

The one I am guessing the habs are looking at is barkov.

I think/hope the one they are looking at is the actual player in question. Everyone develops differently.

My point being Pastrnak like Kotkaniemi was a scrawny kid and struggled, whereas Barkov was well over 200lbs and seemed better suited to absorb the grind of an NHL season

My point being Pastrnak like Kotkaniemi was a scrawny kid and struggled, whereas Barkov was well over 200lbs and seemed better suited to absorb the grind of an NHL season

That may be the only argument in sending him to Finland or the AHL and it's valid for sure.

But hockey wise the kid is doing well

should have said that

but
Barkov 54 games with 24 points
Pastrnak 46 games with 27 points

That may be the only argument in sending him to Finland or the AHL and it's valid for sure.

But hockey wise the kid is doing well

even if he has a bad game in the preseason he has earned a shot at playing his 9 games

i do not mind the Pastrnak example IF the habs can work out a deal with the finnish team to get him into the AHL

split season with minors and NHL

chuck did half a season in OHL and half a season in NHL as well (only possible because of the lockout)

i put the gain weight thing low down my list of reasons for JK to go back to finland

If he was built like Brady Tkatchuk and strong I would keep him all year . His IQ at 18 is better than anyone on this team .

The body structure is a major reason to send him back . Less hectic schedule and shorter season gives you more time to train.

Who knows if his father leaves him on wing , I just wish Laval was an option under Bouchard .

If he was built like Brady Tkatchuk and strong I would keep him all year . His IQ at 18 is better than anyone on this team .

The body structure is a major reason to send him back . Less hectic schedule and shorter season gives you more time to train.

Who knows if his father leaves him on wing , I just wish Laval was an option under Bouchard .

76 games in the AHL, not much of a difference

Back