• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricane Florence

Drove down yesterday - yeah too soon but major flooding hadn't yet starting (just surge, by then gone). The house has far worse damage than from Irene which wasn't expected after track shifted south. I can't even describe in a paragraph or two. The house had never been breached nor flooded before but some exterior walls have been now, floors buckled and house with lots of trash. I don't know if a rebuild is economically repairable. It's well insured and Farmers was outstanding after Irene. We'll just have to work it all out.

Drove down yesterday - yeah too soon but major flooding hadn't yet starting (just surge, by then gone). The house has far worse damage than from Irene which wasn't expected after track shifted south. I can't even describe in a paragraph or two. The house had never been breached nor flooded before but some exterior walls have been now, floors buckled and house with lots of trash. I don't know if a rebuild is economically repairable. It's well insured and Farmers was outstanding after Irene. We'll just have to work it all out.

Sorry to hear this, Allan. I'm glad your family is safe.

Good to hear you're O.K., Allan. I hope the issues with your property are worked out easily.

I've got a buddy in Sawnsboro that I can't reach. Hopefully his cell phone got left behind or something.

I'll be donating the water, batteries, & non perishable food I bought in advance of the storm to those who need it along with some $$$.
This one's going to take a while for folks to recover from. I'm still haunted by the memory of Fran and how devastating it was here.

Jim

I'll be donating the water, batteries, & non perishable food I bought in advance of the storm to those who need it along with some $$$.
This one's going to take a while for folks to recover from. I'm still haunted by the memory of Fran and how devastating it was here.

Jim

Personal donation or group? I have loaves of bread, hot dogs and rolls and peanut butter. I may end up taking it to the Raleigh Rescue Mission before the bread goes stale.

Glad you and Barb are OK.

I-40 also flooded at Burgaw and Castle Hayne. Wilmington is inaccessible by land according to James Trogden, NCDOT Secretary.

Sorry about this Allan. It's emotionally deflating. Glad you and yours are safe

So sorry brother. I thought you might've it rough after I heard from another friend with a place down there. Life and limb are more important than hearth and home, but that doesn't make it any easier in the short run when you've experience that kind of damage. We'll keep you in our thoughts

Personal donation or group? I have loaves of bread, hot dogs and rolls and peanut butter. I may end up taking it to the Raleigh Rescue Mission before the bread goes stale.

Food Bank of NC is another option. They're gearing up for a giant shipment down east from Raleigh on Monday.

Flash flood emergency for Mecklenburg and Union counties.

Flash Flood Warning just issued for Wake County until 10:15 tonight.

Stopped at Earp’s Seafood on Capital this afternoon. Creek there was nowhere near the top. No high water at Raleigh blvd where it crosses Crabtree either.

Stopped at Earp’s Seafood on Capital this afternoon. Creek there was nowhere near the top. No high water at Raleigh blvd where it crosses Crabtree either.

We're catching all sorts of breaks here in Wake County. 30 miles or so south of us, not so much. Depending on how things go west of us we might actually escape with only minor flooding in our two problem creek beds. We dodged that bullet big time ... thus far.

We're catching all sorts of breaks here in Wake County. 30 miles or so south of us, not so much. Depending on how things go west of us we might actually escape with only minor flooding in our two problem creek beds. We dodged that bullet big time ... thus far.

Yes we did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

based on radar and the warnings the western part of the state is now getting hit starting not too far west of Raleigh.

Been texting a friend at ASU and they are expecting 8-15” IIRC. Plus his mother and sons are near Bladenboro. Tired of this crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had a lot of rain up there this spring and summer also according to contractors I was working with. Hope our fieldhouse stays on top the mountain!

My mother just sent me pics of my brother’s yard in Wilmington. It’s a pond with trees in it. The pic of 4 Barbies in a boat indicate some sense of humor remains

Back