• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game thread. Les Glorieux v. Devils RDS TSN 7:30ET

Kotkaniemi solid game!

Sorry_Small.gif

:smilielol5: another beauty

I would put him in Laval. He has nothing more to learn in a 4th tier Finnish league.

Um, sure he does. How about dominating it, for starters? I don't understand this notion of wanting players to skip steps because of impatience to see them in the lineup. Some here even said Nick Suzuki has nothing left to learn in Junior, despite him not making Canada's U20 WJC team and not seeing a growth in his point production from his draft year to current year. If he was really ready to leave Junior, he'd be top player in the OHL. He wasn't.

The only reason I would not send him back to Europe is if they aren't going to play him at center and are going to withhold ice time.

Last edited:
Um, sure he does. How about dominating it, for starters? I don't understand this notion of wanting players to skip steps because of impatience to see them in the lineup. Some here even said Nick Suzuki has nothing left to learn in Junior, despite him not making Canada's U20 WJC team and not seeing a growth in his point production from his draft year to current year. If he was really ready to leave Junior, he'd be top player in the OHL. He wasn't.

The only reason I would not send him back to Europe is if they aren't going to play him at center and are going to withhold ice time.

Suzuki finished 4rth in OHL scoring ahead of him was a 20 year old Aaron Luchuk and Jordan Kyrou who is a year older.

Hard to say he wasn't one of the best players in the OHL last year.

And you know as well as anyone that 18 year olds always have a harder time making Team Canada.

According to Joel Bouchard he was a last cut for team Canada last year.

Pierre McGuire is on record saying he would be very surprised if Suzuki doesn't get the nine games out of camp and his own coach and GM are pretty much preparing for life without Suzuki.

Last edited:

He needs to get used to NA rinks and our tougher game. We also get to keep our eyes on him.

I would rather Bouchard develop him than a nobody coach and his dad.

Suzuki finished 4rth in OHL scoring ahead of him was a 20 year old Aaron Luchuk and Jordan Kyrou who is a year older.

Hard to say he wasn't one of the best players in the OHL last year.

And you know as well as anyone that 18 year olds always have a harder time making Team Canada.

According to Joel Bouchard he was a last cut for team Canada last year.

Pierre McGuire is on record saying he would be very surprised if Suzuki doesn't get the nine games out of camp and his own coach and GM are pretty much preparing for life without Suzuki.

Sounds like he has a bit to learn.

I am sure with Suzuki and JK could play in the NHL as wingers but we do not want them as wingers. They both have a lot to learn at centre. Neither one played it full time last year.

Nah, I think Lehkonen's a lock outside of an absolutely dreadful camp.

I'm thinking more that there's 2 spots for 5/6 players.

Think de la Rose, Hudon, Shinkaruk, Deslauriers, Peca, Chaput, Froese, maybe even Scherbak. I think Chaput/Froese/Shinkaruk are all AHL folder, but who knows, maybe they stand out in training camp.

If everyone is healthy, my lineup would be:

Domi-Drouin-Gallagher
Tatar-Danault-Byron
Lekhonen-Plekanec-Scherbak
Shaw-de la Rose-Armia
Peca
Hudon
Deslauriers

(Pending any training camp surprises)

I have a hard time understanding that Lekhonen would be a lock with this team at this point. He has been outplayed by Hudon since he joined the team. At this point, I'm wondering if Lekhonen can even be a 4th liner. He has no finish. Can't hit. Only thing he can do is play defence. Hudon is superior to him on almost all aspect of the game. To me, if I'm Lekhonen, I'd start to be worried. He had a dreadful year last year while Hudon basically outplayed him. To me Hudon is higher on the Depth Chart by a mile.

I am sure with Suzuki and JK could play in the NHL as wingers but we do not want them as wingers. They both have a lot to learn at centre. Neither one played it full time last year.

That could be a valid point.

JK has an advantage in that he can go to the AHL or go back home to play with men.

In an ideal world Suzuki goes to the AHL rather than back to junior

That could be a valid point.

JK has an advantage in that he can go to the AHL or go back home to play with men.

In an ideal world Suzuki goes to the AHL rather than back to junior

Agreed.

I feel much better about the AHL option now that Sly is gone.

Unless Suzuki lights it up I would rather him go to CHL and dominate with lots of ice time, play at the world juniors, etc then play 12 mins a night bouncing from wing to centre in the NHL. I feel he should come to the NHL when he can consistently be played in the 2C role.

I see the reasonning but there are also advantages of him to start in Laval. In both leagues, he would be playing with men. The big advantage of having him play in laval is that he will play on a smaller ice and thus start to get used to it better. I also have now a renewed confident in the developpment duty of the farm team now that Bouchard is the coach over there. It would also allow us to keep an eye on his developpment since he would be very close to the team.

Regarding suzuki, you say he wasn't a top player in the OHL. Have you looked up his stats? He was top 5 in points, top 4 in goals last year. Isn't that a definition of a top player for a league? Also, he went from being a 1.46PPG to a 1.56PPG in a season. While not ground breaking, it's still an improvement so I think your comment isn't reflecting of the truth.

Again, I'm nickpicking, I don't disagree myself that he could play another year in the OHL this year, just thought you are wrong with your comment that he was not a top player in the OHL. I do believe he would benefit to go play for the Junior championship this year.

I see the reasonning but there are also advantages of him to start in Laval. In both leagues, he would be playing with men. The big advantage of having him play in laval is that he will play on a smaller ice and thus start to get used to it better. I also have now a renewed confident in the developpment duty of the farm team now that Bouchard is the coach over there. It would also allow us to keep an eye on his developpment since he would be very close to the team.

Regarding suzuki, you say he wasn't a top player in the OHL. Have you looked up his stats? He was top 5 in points, top 4 in goals last year. Isn't that a definition of a top player for a league? Also, he went from being a 1.46PPG to a 1.56PPG in a season. While not ground breaking, it's still an improvement so I think your comment isn't reflecting of the truth.

Again, I'm nickpicking, I don't disagree myself that he could play another year in the OHL this year, just thought you are wrong with your comment that he was not a top player in the OHL. I do believe he would benefit to go play for the Junior championship this year.

He did say top player. Not one of the top players. 15 points behind the leading scorer.

Of course goalies, dmen, etc all weigh in.

Back