• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT #2: Leafs @ Sens, 7:30 PM, TSN4

Really hoping they use that pairing on the Marlies this year. Those guys seem well matched to carry a lot of play from the backend.

I'm thinking Carrick will be traded before the season starts if the play we've seen from him, the teenagers, Holl, Rosen and Borgman keep up.

I'm thinking Carrick will be traded before the season starts if the play we've seen from him, the teenagers, Holl, Rosen and Borgman keep up.
The one thing working in his favour is that I'm expecting Babcock to carry eight defensemen---one extra LHD, and one extra RHD. So if the Leafs just want a warm body they can keep in the press box as an extra without worrying much about him sitting and not getting playing time, Carrick could be the guy they feel comfortable doing that with.

And Ozhiganov is the one guy who's waiver-exempt, if they want him to get his feet wet in the North American game before graduating him to the NHL. But since Babcock seems to be a fan of Ozhiganov, I'd place the early odds in favour of Holl & Ozhiganov being the guys who fill the role of 3rd-pairing RHD & extra.

I'm hoping the days of parking a guy in pergutory for most of the season are over. I think this is one area where Dubas will differ from Lou. Besides, there's enough talent to keep them all fresh and competiting for the spots/ice time.

Jonas Siegel
‏ @jonassiegel

Igor Ozhiganov has practised with Ron Hainsey the past two days, which suggests he’ll get another top test this weekend against Buffalo.

hmm, maybe he's gonna use Ron properly this year.

I wonder if we see Gardiner - Rielly as a pairing this year.

Gardiner - Rielly
Dermott - Zaitsev
Hainsey - Oz?

Back