• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT #2: Leafs @ Sens, 7:30 PM, TSN4

that play at the blueline was so.. marincin. he jumps up and makes a decent pinch, but then instead of safely playing the puck in deep (the leafs have two wingers deep the zone) he makes a flip pass to gauthier, whose skating towards marincin, in a defensive posture, with pressure on him.

just a horrible decision.

lindholm's skating looks up to par.

he skates well enough, but he's gotta be able to play in his own zone. he had one shift in the first where he got them hemmedin deep and he didn't do a good job of supporting. but, only one shift, may need time to learn the system and it could jhave just been a bad shift.

we'll see.

Liking what I'm seeing from Brooks, Bracco & Engvall tonight.

They're some of the guys that'll have to take it to the next level for the Marlies to remain a top team this year.

think Johnsson was there only because the PP units messed things up but maybe not.

Really liking that Sandin-Liljegren pairing.

Marincin is pretty shit.

Lindholm looked ok. Ennis probably doesn't make the team.

why not add in some corsi to buttress the eye test....

Matthews/Marleau/Ennis ~52%
Johnsson/lindholm/kappy ~29%
Brooks/Bracco/Jooris ~58%
Engvall/goat/clune ~49%

marincin/Zaitsev ~41%
sandin/Liljegren ~66%
rosen/Carrick ~~34%

nothing too surprising there.

adam brooks has been realgud, and is bigger than I thought.

there's your dark horse for #4C.

Like Engvall as well, and hoping Liljegren-Sandin is a real thing in the future.
BRACCO. **** YEAH.
Also, attendance is around 5K, with 3-4K of that being Buds fans.
Still a ton unsold for the Sens home opener too.

Engvall was a nice surprise when he came over last year. I was expecting a fairly one dimensional shooter but he's pretty complete, good hands and smart.

adam brooks has been realgud, and is bigger than I thought.

there's your dark horse for #4C.

Imo he should stick with the marlies. He’s a guy who could use some dev time and should get an opp to play big minutes in an feature role. I think he’s benefit. The leafs 4th line C will basically never play.

Of course goat isn’t really a candidate and jooris stinks so if the Swede can’t hack it then brooks could get it by default. (Tho I’d expect they’d at least give
Goat a few games to start the year especially since babs has a bit of a goat fetish)

Engvall was a nice surprise when he came over last year. I was expecting a fairly one dimensional shooter but he's pretty complete, good hands and smart.

I remember engvall had a really good draft year season relative to his age, before falling back a bit the next year, and then bouncing back again - so he didn't surprise me too much last year. but his skating is surprising me a bit now.

Think this might be a test to see if Sandin is ready for the Marlies. Sure looks like it.

All the hopefuls and depth guys have done real well on the blueline these two games. Carrick should be worried. Has been outplayed by a good handful of guys below him on the depth chart.

I remember engvall had a really good draft year season relative to his age, before falling back a bit the next year, and then bouncing back again - so he didn't surprise me too much last year. but his skating is surprising me a bit now.

I just meant I'd only ever read the boxscore numbers and wasn't expecting much but goal scoring. He's a very good all round player.

Back