• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Bolts 9/19 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
First home preseason game, it will be good to get back into the building.

No overlap for the Canes tonight, only 2 guys from Tampa played last night.

https://mobile.twitter.com/corylav/status/1042405207341191168

Don’t forget, if you’re a STM and not going, you can exchange the preseason game tickets for any of the 30 eligible Ames and can do that right up to faceoff.

Same streaming/radio options as last night.

Don’t forget, if you’re a STM and not going, you can exchange the preseason game tickets for any of the 30 eligible Ames and can do that right up to faceoff.

Correct, as long as you don't have 'pure hockey' season tix. No exchanges is part of the deal with those.

You can also exchange your parking passes as well. I exchanged mine for games that I think other people I know might want to go to so I can transfer the pass to them. Worst case I end up handing a stranger my placard for what amounts to free parking for them while I use the online pass I exchanged my preseason parking passes for. Remember to exchange those parking passes too if you are not going to a game. You can make someone's day with the exchanged pass later on.

Being able to exchange these preseason tix (And any other tix), for any of 30 possible other games is a huge value to me.

Pesce is out tonight. Apparently he had some sort of illness over the summer and couldn’t train. The D pairings will be Slavin/Hamilton, de Haan/Faulk and Carrick/Didier.

It will be interesting to see if our more stocked lineup tonight can also "take it to" Tampa, who will be icing a substantially 'lesser lineup' than they did last night. The players from last night set the bar pretty high for everyone tonight.

I read on the canes site that Pesce said he had some sort of respiration issue in his chest. He thought he was good to go for training camp, but maybe still not 100%.

Dougie Hamilton makes it 2-0.

...and Faulk makes it 3-0 not much later... or Necas gets the goal off of the deflection.

Last edited:
So, its preseason of course....but Svechnikov last night and Necas tonight are showing off offensive skills at levels not frequently seen around these parts on a regular basis.

So, its preseason of course....but Svechnikov last night and Necas tonight are showing off offensive skills at levels not frequently seen around these parts on a regular basis.

Makes me wonder what they might do when they're together...

Gauthier scores, 5-1.

Kinda watching the canes. I really like this team. The best I’ve seen in many years.

Canes outscore Tampa 10-2 between the two games, Darling and Mrazek allow no goals, with Ned and Booth only allowing one each.

Tripp said that Faulk looked better than he has in a while. Everyone seems to be contributing something.

Canes outscore Tampa 10-2 between the two games, Darling and Mrazek allow no goals, with Ned and Booth only allowing one each.

Tripp said that Faulk looked better than he has in a while. Everyone seems to be contributing something.

Faulk doesn’t have to carry his partner, he can concentrate on playing his game because de Haan is a defense first guy there to back him up.

Back