• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Caps 9/21 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes take on the defending champs in their 3rd preseason game.

Chip tweeted that tonight’s lineup would very similar to Wednesday but will include Svechnikov. We’ll see how the lines shake out later. There will probably be a big cutdown today or tomorrow morning because the Checkers open camp on Monday.

The Caps lost to the Habs in Quebec City last night. Ovechkin made his preseason debut and had a power play goal. I would expect a different lineup tonight.

The game will be simulcast on the Canes website. Note the usual Friday start time even during preseason.

Excited to see Svech play for the first time in the PNC. I'd like to see a few more of the newbies playing tonight, but I suspect that Brindy has an idea of what his regular season lineup will look like and wants to see how a few different pieces will mesh with it.

2 free tickets if you donate hurricane supplies such as food , soap, paper towels, diapers , etc.

also can I bring a camera with zoom lens to the game? I think I can , just checking

Last edited:
my camera is OK since the zoom lens is only 5 inches long. They don't allow lens > 5 inches. Same limit is true for NCSU BB .

I've decided to make this one my first and only pre season game for this season.

So, they're guaranteed to lose. Fair warning.

The Canes roster has been revised. Ferland is not playing, Wallmark is. Kuokkanen and Bean will be scratched, so Pesce plays. Mrazek will play the first 2 periods, Ned gets the 3rd. This is the lineup per Michael Smith:

McGinn-Staal-Williams
Foegele-Necas-Teravainen
Zykov-Aho-Svechnikov
Martinook-Wallmark-Di Giuseppe

Slavin-Hamilton
de Haan-Faulk
Fleury-Pesce

Sad that there was no indication anywhere on the site that a stream would even exist. No Watch This Space, no stream will begin at 7:38. Nothing.

Just suddenly appeared on a refresh. Never change.

But, hey, watching hockey on the big screen and listening to John Forslund.

Even the Arena Cam aspect is fun.

So with 2 more Power Play goals tonight, that is 7 for the Canes in 3 games. What is the regular season over/under for the game that Canes score their 7th PP goal in?

There is a heck of a lot of skill out there, the PP SHOULD be better....how much better remains to be seen.

Thanks Elsker, we got the second half.

15-3 so far. It could be worse. Looking forward to the live reports.

Best part to me of the 3 games isn't even the wins (though that is nice) it's the Effort and not just effort like me trying to push over the Empire State Building :p But effort that make the opponent worry about you scoring. Zykov is so good down low. Hamilton with his hard shot. People able to tip pucks.. That's the part I like the ability to make opponents expect you might get it in their net.

I like the tenacity. Not many passengers. Goaltending continues to be improved. How couldn't it be? The youngsters have plenty of room for improvement, but that ceiling....

It's pre-season, but if progress continues, how long will it be before the league realizes that emperor Peters had no clothes

Back