• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season Game #4: Leafs @ Sabres, 7 pm

One would be excused for believing that the Leafs played without the puck all game, given their penalty differential last season, and now into this pre season.

It seems the prime directive is to keep games close.

#fauxparity

This is the Toronto Maple Marlies beating most of the Buffalo Sabres opening night lineup tonight.

Yeah...they're not going to be very good yet.

Ya know, Kapanen just doesn't have great hands.

kapanen-game7-goal.gif

They look okay to me.

Dahlin looks big, and talented and smooth, but I don't think his head is moving at NHL speed yet. I don't know if he's going to be a stud right out of the box, which is what he's been billed as, fringe generational, etc.

Matthews looks so fast and so smooth now.

50/50 this year.

Dahlin looks big, and talented and smooth, but I don't think his head is moving at NHL speed yet. I don't know if he's going to be a stud right out of the box, which is what he's been billed as, fringe generational, etc.

Just thinking this. Things could change quickly, but definitely not a game-changer yet.

Just thinking this. Things could change quickly, but definitely not a game-changer yet.

It's definitely tough to walk into the league and be an impact defender, tougher than any other position. This is a sample size of one pre season game, but yeah, Dahlin doesn't look like that guy yet.

I think Ozhiganov just took the 3rd RD spot.

Yeah, I don't think we're seeing enough from Rosen away from the puck to justify going LHD heavy, and Carrick hasn't had a great camp either. I could see us take Ozzy and Carrick as the 6-7 and let them knife fight to the death over the first 30 games.

I'll be a bit surprised if Carrick is still around on opening night. Is Holl waiver eligible? I think he might get snagged if they send him down.

I'll be a bit surprised if Carrick is still around on opening night. Is Holl waiver eligible? I think he might get snagged if they send him down.
I'm pretty sure Holl isn't waiver exempt. So I could see the Leafs keeping him as an extra defenseman.

Carrick they'd either waive or trade.

if Dahlin was a leaf he's be getting crucified.

people harp on Liljegren mistakes but Dahlin made many more. hell, Sandin looked like the better Rasmus this preseason.

I would love to see Dahlin be successful in his career but as a Leafs fan I am hoping it's a notch below the monstrous player he was touted to be. Dahlin, Eichal, Risto, three more first rounders this upcoming draft, etc....buffalo could be scary if things fall into place.

He looked a bit slowfooted at times as well.

That's what surprised me. I would expect mistakes, but I thought his skating would impress. He could just be over thinking.

I'm pretty sure Holl isn't waiver exempt. So I could see the Leafs keeping him as an extra defenseman.

Carrick they'd either waive or trade.

I wonder if Carrick has any trade value. He couldn't beat out Roman ****ing Polak and is now being outshone by several guys in his 'make or break' year. Might get a very late pick for him.

I wonder if Carrick has any trade value. He couldn't beat out Roman ****ing Polak and is now being outshone by several guys in his 'make or break' year. Might get a very late pick for him.
He is a right-handed D, has some puck-moving ability and he's still somewhat young at 24. So that argues in favour of us maybe getting something in return for him.

The argument against it is that this is the time of year where everyone's eager to see if their own internal options can get the job done, so at the moment you might not find a taker.

Back