• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season Game #5

he's gotten muscled off of a few pucks and goaded into a few bad turnovers, but has otherwise looked solid. a few good outlet passes, some good work holding the blueline and has made a few good plays in the d-zone to break up chances.

he isn't ready for the nhl but he's going to be really good.

also a bit concerned about that 4th line C spot. not sure i see an nhl'er in lindholm. have a feeling we're going to be seeing jooris or cracknell

If it forces Babcock into playing the top 3 lines a bit heavier, **** it. I can live with Josh Jooris playing 6 minutes a game.

What's everyone's thoughts on Brooks?

I don't think he's ready yet, and Bracco's the guy that's really stood out on his line. But I think he's been solid this pre-season too.

I like Brooks. one of the most impressive in camp.

nice to see kappy show up today, at least.

yep, brooks like he could turn into an nhl'er.

big year for him and bracco with the marlies.

Any thoughts on Kotkaniemi? Obviously he wasn't playing against a full NHL lineup but I think he looks really good.

Why is finding a good 4th line center harder for this team than finding three great 1st line centers?

Most team's have shit 4th line centres. It's just the way it is. The teams who have good ones either fall backwards into drafting one (Tampa with Paquette), or overpay for one in free agency (like Vancouver did with Beagle).

I just don't see it with Bracco. like a much less skilled Welwood.

I don't think he's less skilled overall. Doesn't have the Wellwood hands on him, but he's a much better skater than Wellwood ever was.

With that said, Wellwood could have been a hell of an offensive forward in this era if he would have hit the gym once in a while.

Kotkaniemi? Damn, very impressive, as was Suzuki. You guys have some future there.

Our guys? I like Bracco, but I am not impressed with his first step. Adam Brooks, watched him only when he was on the ice about five times. Guy is sneaky, knows how to stay quiet but well positioned, there might be an NHLer there.

Sandin? Just a kid, but showed some great in tight moves. Kid is game, he doesn't want to be outmuscled.

Grundstrom? wow. What happened to this guy... Totally invisible. JVR ain't shivering in his boots about being replaced by this guy.

We better get Nylander back, we are far from being as good as we think we are.

I still can't see his skating being an actual plus though.

Doesn't have to be a huge plus, just can't be a huge minus. Wellwood was the king of the ankle burners and a pretty brutal skater overall, Bracco's edges are legitimately very good. If he can add decent acceleration to those edges, his skating won't hold him back at the NHL level. He legitimately has vision and passing ability that can play on a 2nd line in the NHL.

A few bad preseason periods of play ... his career is over! lol

Didn't see much of this one but doesn't seem like I missed much. Borgman and Holl looked ugly from what I did see.

Agree about Brooks. If he can find some acceleration in his skating, he'll be really good. Lindholm may end up needing some AHL reps before he's ready.

Thinking about the overall lackluster play from the Leafs in this one, maybe it wasn't the best motivational tool to demote guys to the AHL before cutting them from the roster.

Back