• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pre-Season GDT #6: Leafs @ Habs, 7:30 PM, TSN4

It will be harder to do after this season.

That fourth line really started to come together tonight. Maybe they aren't worried about those guys being out after the pp, as they aren't really fourth line level talent.

I can name about five guys on this board who would do a lot better job than Mike Babcock. I have met overhyped opportunists in my lifetime like this fake. But this guy really has no clue about hockey. He is a joke. And he is the main reason, Micheal is holding out on Willy.

Don't want to get called out by obvious trolling, but the hate Bad Cock team is growing internally.

The defence is awful btw. But I think this Ozhigavov, is an upgrade over Polak. Calle Rosen is Bobby Orr very lite and needs a lot of confidence to get it all going. And you cannot gain confidence under Bad Cock and Toronto fans.

Kapanen has had a tough summer, his uber hot girlfriend, Annika Boron left him and man, was she hot and good for him in terms of him eating right and working out for a over NHL summer.

I look for a good NHl coach to take advantage of what Kasperi has. He and Hyman scored the most sensational goals in NHL history, only to have Bad Cock ruin the victory over the Bruins by heinous overhyped coaching
\
I will say this, Bad Cock, does not hold a candle to Pat Burns, Pat Quinn or Ron Wilson. Ron Wilson was ascerbic like Bad Cock, but got far more out of very bad players.

We will never win anything under this Bad Cock in our house Dubas knows that apparently, so lets hope we come out of the gate badly.

I think we will, our defence is a joke.

Dubas knows, for Bad Cock to be fired, we have to come out of the gate badly. Without Nylander, I think us basically sucking, is a certainty.

We need to suck early for Shanahan to balls up and fire this terrible coach.

Dubas apparently wanted after game one last year to bring up Marchment and possibly Greening to stomp out out the Bruins targetting our young guys but was called down.

That won't happen this year, the reason Bad Cock looks five years older all of a sudden is that he has been told, personnel is not much of his decision. Don't shoot the messenger.

Think of how smart Dubas is., he wants Bad Cock fired, so he drags out the Nylander contract even longer. Two hits with one stone.

Guy is little Napoleon.

Last edited:
If you’re waiting for Babcock to get fired this year, I can guarantee you that he’s not. And Dubas is not trying to angle him out, especially not by holding firm on Nylander.

I don’t need any sources to tell you that.

Kevin Papetti
‏ @KPapetti
16h16 hours ago

One of my biggest pet peeves is when fans yell "SHOOT!" when their team is on the powerplay.

The only thing worse is when they yell "PASS IT TO THE 30 GOAL CENTRE!", because that just confuses the hell out of Mitch Marner

Yeah, our best hope now is that we get Nylander in that Ehlers-Pastrnak range and that Mitch doesn't get more than that Draisaitl money.

I know dubas said he can get all of them signed, but I am willing to bet that one of the big 4 is gone by this time next season.
If marner goes nuts this season, they wont be able to afford them all ...... imho, if marner finishes in the top 10 in scoring this season then he wont be wanting draisaitl money, he will be wanting mathews money.

Yea Marner is an absolute gem. That guy is gonna get paid. If we manage to get them all locked up long term, Dubas is an absolute genius

Their whole cap plan was built around having enough space to sign them all. They will sign them all.

They have $35 mill in cap space, plus however much the cap goes up next year, to fit in Matthews, Marner and Nylander. They could afford to pay them all $10-12 mill. They won't have to, but they could.

Is no one going to say anything about this dude saying Babcock is a worse coach than Ron Wilson?
We know Teeds hates Babs. Don't need to reply to every anti Babs rant he goes on. He is welcome to get it off his chest whenever he'd like too though. Sort of like me saying 'Tank the season' in every post for a decade.

come on guys don't get sucked into this contract drama the media will push all year instead of letting us enjoy the season.

Yup. It's always got to be a negative with the media.
It's a nice issue to have. We can't afford Nylander? Ok. Let's trade him. You know what his value will be? It's not the end of the world.
Marner was always the biggest problem contract-wise as the only forward with similar usage and production is Laine. 69 points at 16:28 is terrific. Kid has never had a full season as atop 6 forward yet. He's a lock to be an Art Ross contender this season imo.
Trade Willy for a good young top 4 D. But don't take a Larsson type please. Someone mobile who has legit top-pairing skill.

Leafs have fantastic trade assets even if they can't keep everyone. We can sacrifice top picks as well at the deadline. It's time to start considering that.

Is no one going to say anything about this dude saying Babcock is a worse coach than Ron Wilson?
Considering he's just attention-whoring with his ridiculous (and repetitive) contrarian hot-takes and continued bald-faced lies about having "inside information"...I prefer to just ignore him, thanks.

Considering he's just attention-whoring with his ridiculous (and repetitive) contrarian hot-takes and continued bald-faced lies about having "inside information"...I prefer to just ignore him, thanks.
Yeah I have him on my ignore list. And a couple of other guys write brain cell killing posts. Giving him attention just makes him post another bayshit crazy rant.

come on guys don't get sucked into this contract drama the media will push all year instead of letting us enjoy the season.
+1

If Matthews pops in 50 goals and Marner goes out and scores 90 points, I'm going to sit back and enjoy that a whole lot more than I'm going to worry about what they'll get paid.

I hope someone smacks some sense into him before the season starts. You can't have a 37 year old Hainsey on your top pair. He looks iffy to even be on the bottom pair.

vets do not care about preseason
probably just putting it in cruise control

not just directed at you
leafs are not unique

this is what the media does

pending UFA...talk about it non stop

young players having good years...talk about contract demands non stop

Back