• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Whalers Nights

I’m going to miss the 12/23 home game because I’ll be in Boston. I’m going to hook up my iPad to the TV so I can listen to John and Tripp instead of Jack Freaking Edwards.

I wonder what the reaction is in CT. I guess a few crazies might get mad . I assume the Hartford paper will mention this today or tomorrow.

Other NHL teams have done this right? I know other leagues like the NFL have games with throwback jerseys.

Don't care if nobody else has done it, why does that matter?

I know teams follow traditions from former cities such as Arizona with white shirts for fans in playoff games which was done in Winnipeg.

It's in bad taste. I hate the idea. And I'm fully entitled to my opinion. And I know I'm no the only one.

It makes me sick.

And I proved my point. No one wears the old uniforms of OTHER teams. Throwbacks are not the same.

It's in bad taste. I hate the idea. And I'm fully entitled to my opinion. And I know I'm no the only one.

It makes me sick.

No argument there, although I have an opposite opinion. I was just reacting to your challenge of naming one instance of it being done before.

My prediction: It will be very popular.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sorry but it's not another team, it's the same franchise/team. My fav SF Giants are the same team that was in NYC.

BTW nobody ever had the NHL in NC before 1997. Was that a bad idea?

I can see not liking it , but what is bad taste about it? It's a very nice logo and colors.

Put me down as a Whalers fan who loves this. There will be Whalers fans who hate this AND Canes fans who hate this. That is ok with me none of them are "wrong" for doing so. Ultimately I see this mostly as an attempt to sell more merchandise more than anything else. I can't begrudge the franchise for trying to make more coin. Even if you look at this in only thay way it's still going to bring out some raw feelings for sure.

Last edited:
OK after looking around I see the LA Dodgers wore Brooklyn Dodgers uniforms.

and the Brewers wore Milwaukee Braves uniforms while playing the Atlanta Braves.

probably other examples too

There is always controversy when a team moves. And we've had more than our fair share of it here. It's never gone away, the talk of " they don't deserve a team, move them back to Hartford, move them to anywhere in Canada", etc.

It's a tasteless move, and will only make it worse. And I hate it.

Last edited:
after 21 years 95% of fans in CT are over the move. It's a non issue. Some CT people are still fans , some are not. A few CT fans came down for the finals in 2006 and were happy to see the team finally win a title after so many years.

I'm a SF Giants fan because my father was a fan of them in NYC and after the move.

It's ... fine.

I can't help but imagine how weird it will be to see the home team in green in our predominantly red building, but whatever.

Back