• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Caps 9/28 7:00

My thoughts ...

Well, we were waiting for a goaltender to suck ... Mrzaek looked like he did for the Flyers last year. Guessing, over shifting, bad angles ... a mess. Not excusing the D in front of him. He just wasn't good.

Aho looked frisky and I like that line with him, Turbo and Foegele.

Foegele and Zykov have both made this team. If either of them goes down before the opener I will lose all respect for management. Edit ... didn't see this morning's cuts before writing this. My "faith" in management is preserved!

Svechnikov ... he giveth, he taketh away. He's a kid. It's easy to forget how green that kind is because his poise level is off the charts, but those penalties last night all scream KID. He'll get there, and at least he gives you the offense to make up for the mistakes. Ditto Necas, without so much offensive impact. He's got a LOT to learn.

McKegg ... meh. I like Martinook MUCH better on the 4th line. He gives you just a ton more of an all purpose game. Yeah, he sucks in the circle. So what? The other option kinda sucks all over the ice.

Last edited:
Back