• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shea Weber named captain

The decision was made by the club's hockey management. Weber is preparing for his 14th NHL season in 2018-19, his third with the Canadiens. He was an alternate captain in his first two seasons with Montreal.

Berg was probably worried that the team would vote for Gallagher.

I think people pretty much expected this. Management doesn’t think outside the box.

Berg was probably worried that the team would vote for Gallagher.

It's a stupid idea to have a team vote, It creates tension in the room.

I remember when Koivu and Corson went head to head and Koivu won.

Corson was not the same after he felt "letdown" by his teammates.

It is what it is. Weber isn't part of the future, but he's fine for now to field questions about the team sucking and him not speaking perfect French.

Weber is the right choice, Gallagher doesn't need additional responsibilities or pressure.

The big surprise here is Byron being given an A.

Weber is the right choice, Gallagher doesn't need additional responsibilities or pressure.

Meh, he's the old-timer at 29. I figure they wanted someone with experience being alternate.

No but considering how the C is the trade kiss of death, he may be moved. :p

well there are two sure fire ways to get traded out of Montreal

start a foundation for children and have a personality.

IIRC, Weber has neither so he is safe.

I think exit on twitter made a good point. Refs and gallagher are not friends.

Meh, he's the old-timer at 29. I figure they wanted someone with experience being alternate.
Org is going the old “leadership by example” route for the young players being brought into the fold - Gallagher & Byron play every shift as if it’s their last shift & Weber has that old Gainey “presence effect”.

Who knows if any of these things matter anymore in this era of ballerina tutu hockey but what it is...is what it is

Back