• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Canes Prospect and Calder Cup Winning Charlotte Checkers Thread

Re: 2018-19 Canes Prospect and Cherkers Thread

cmal, could you specify the defensemen as LD and RD? With all this talk about play Fleury on his natural side and TVR on his off side, it would nice to see what we have going in the pipeline. Thanks.

I generally pull the positions from the stat sites available and none of them tend to distinguish LD or RD. However I do have the shot side of all of those players and a Dman on his 'natural side' will align with his shot side (ie Adam Fox is a RH shot, so in theory RD is his natural side). I'll add the shooting side for each of the Dmen prospects in a few minutes.

Nashville is basically Raleigh with more bars and an NFL team. And also lots of places to buy cowboy hats and cowboy boots. I would not make a special trip to go there.

I should add I am not a country music fan . I guess if you are it might be worth visiting once.

There might not be a post of yours that I've ever disagreed with more. Nashville is awesome and I, too, am not a Country music fan.

However I do have the shot side of all of those players and a Dman on his 'natural side' will align with his shot side (ie Adam Fox is a RH shot, so in theory RD is his natural side).

Yeah, that's what I meant. I really would like see that the days of playing someone on the wrong side come to an end. It really does handicap the guy, even if no one on the team will admit it does.

There might not be a post of yours that I've ever disagreed with more. Nashville is awesome and I, too, am not a Country music fan.

My wife and I went to Nashville for our anniversary a few years ago and had a great time, no rental car, just a downtown hotel location two blocks from Bridgestone arena within walking distance of everything we wanted to see and do! Great town anytime of year to visit.

well Nashville has a crappy bowl game nobody cares about. I think it's now called the Upper Ball Joint Bowl? :smilielol5: (they are running out of good names for bowls)

well Nashville has a crappy bowl game nobody cares about. I think it's now called the Upper Ball Joint Bowl? :smilielol5: (they are running out of good names for bowls)

Sure. Pick on their bowl game. Nice backpedal there. Run out of stereotypes? I mean, Nashville's major university is pretty small and had problems with a rapey football program a few years ago. Gibson Guitars is going through bankruptcy, the Titans have horrid uniforms, it gets really buggy along the Cumberland River in the summer and a US President born in NC caught cholera there and died. Surely you could find something better than "the Music City Bowl sucks."

you left out the Nashville mayor was forced to quit this year because she was cheating on her husband with a guy who was on her payroll as a bodyguard.

And she pleaded guilty to felony theft too when she quit. She's a southern version of Marion "the bitch set me up" Barry, RIP

you left out the Nashville mayor was forced to quit this year because she was cheating on her husband with a guy who was on her payroll as a bodyguard.

And she pleaded guilty to felony theft too when she quit. She's a southern version of Marion "the bitch set me up" Barry, RIP

See.

Dig deeper. I knew you had better in you than poking fun at a bowl game. Held in an NFL stadium. You know, the kind that we don't have and never will.

That’s an omission in your life that needs to be corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was headed there with my parents 40 years ago but had we car trouble and had to stay a few days in Roanoke instead. That weekend was the longest month of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See.

Dig deeper. I knew you had better in you than poking fun at a bowl game. Held in an NFL stadium. You know, the kind that we don't have and never will.
Not that this tidbit fits anywhere, but there were seven guys sitting behind us on Saturday for the Detroit game. Turns out they were in town to from Arizona scouting NCSU for the Fiesta Bowl. They left before the Canes epic collapse and apparently weren’t in town to see State fall to WF.

Not that this tidbit fits anywhere, but there were seven guys sitting behind us on Saturday for the Detroit game. Turns out they were in town to from Arizona scouting NCSU for the Fiesta Bowl. They left before the Canes epic collapse and apparently weren’t in town to see State fall to WF.

Shame. They missed State's worst game in two seasons ... including that blowout loss to Clemson. God, but they were horrible.

Bowl scouts come from AZ and don't see the team they are scouting play a game? Were they scouting practices? Does not make any sense.

and speaking of bowls, Myrtle Beach gets a new bowl in a 20k stadium. That's now 43 bowls. Myrtle Beach in Dec is pretty dead, I've been there. They might as well go ahead and give every team a bowl now. Seeing a 1-11 team vs a 2-10 team is not much worse than 6-6 vs. 6-6.

Last edited:

Bowl scouts come from AZ and don't see the team they are scouting play a game? Were they scouting practices? Does not make any sense.

To you, maybe. They go and talk to the coaches and get a feel for the program. Bowls have been doing for that for a long time. Sorry you weren't informed.

so they cannot talk to coaches AND also watch a game in person after traveling 2000 miles?

I guess maybe Doeren is now wishing he took that Tenn. job last year. :) How long before the tar and feathers crowd come for him? Maybe he will follow the example of that BB coach and head to another job before he's axed. Does ASU need a FB coach? Of course ECU (and maybe UNC) will ax their FB coaches this year.

so they cannot talk to coaches AND also watch a game in person after traveling 2000 miles?

I guess maybe Doeren is now wishing he took that Tenn. job last year. :) How long before the tar and feathers crowd come for him? Maybe he will follow the example of that BB coach and head to another job before he's axed. Does ASU need a FB coach? Of course ECU (and maybe UNC) will ax their FB coaches this year.

Stop derailing the Canes Prospect thread. We were on a slight detour, this is a course change. Knock it off.

Villa Rasanen was traded to the Chicago Steel. He had played 8 games for Lincoln this season, scratched for 6. Maybe he’ll get some playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and speaking of bowls, Myrtle Beach gets a new bowl in a 20k stadium. That's now 43 bowls. Myrtle Beach in Dec is pretty dead, I've been there. They might as well go ahead and give every team a bowl now. Seeing a 1-11 team vs a 2-10 team is not much worse than 6-6 vs. 6-6.

Paulie Allnuts, NCSU played that afternoon, defeating FSU. They then walked over to the arena to see the Canes game.

Back