• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Season GDT Canada's Team vs Pig Nose/Lacrosse Player's team 7:00ET

TheCountofMonteCristo

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator
Staff member
Well the season most of us have been dreading is upon us. I am expecting a similar season to last year's disastrous season. Hopefully, we aren't out of it by mid October like last year.

Still, hope springs eternal. The Mole in the top six is exciting to say the least. Needs to say there all season in my view.

Defence is brutal without the new captain (hell it is brutal with him).

Still, need to beat the Leafs tomorrow.

As an aside, the game is on RDS en francais but for some reason, it does not appear en francais on Centre Ice for those of us outside our viewing region, so we might be stuck with the Leaf broadcast on Sportsnet.

Well the season most of us have been dreading is upon us. I am expecting a similar season to last year's disastrous season. Hopefully, we aren't out of it by mid October like last year.

Still, hope springs eternal. The Mole in the top six is exciting to say the least. Needs to say there all season in my view.

Defence is brutal without the new captain (hell it is brutal with him).

Still, need to beat the Leafs tomorrow.

As an aside, the game is on RDS en francais but for some reason, it does not appear en francais on Centre Ice for those of us outside our viewing region, so we might be stuck with the Leaf broadcast on Sportsnet.

but better than two years ago....

Was just about to start one!

1st game day poster of the season...

1.jpg

Hughes is a good player, but it isn't like he is Matthews, McDavid and one win in October is unlikely to determine if we are last overall or not. Every team will win 25 games.

Hughes is a good player, but it isn't like he is Matthews, McDavid and one win in October is unlikely to determine if we are last overall or not. Every team will win 25 games.

not mcdavid...but

Top American players at 16

Player League GP G A PTS P/GP
Jack Eichel USHL 35 13 14 27 0.77
U-17s 5 3 0 3 0.60

Auston Matthews USHL 20 10 10 20 1.00
U-17s 6 4 4 8 1.33

Jack Hughes USHL 4 3 7 10 2.50
U-17s 5 4 7 11 2.20

not mcdavid...but

Top American players at 16

Player League GP G A PTS P/GP
Jack Eichel USHL 35 13 14 27 0.77
U-17s 5 3 0 3 0.60

Auston Matthews USHL 20 10 10 20 1.00
U-17s 6 4 4 8 1.33

Jack Hughes USHL 4 3 7 10 2.50
U-17s 5 4 7 11 2.20

pretty small sample sizes.

Ask yourself, could he handle a pro league in Switzerland at 17 like Pig Nose?

Hughes has been averaging about 2 PPG since the age of 15 against competition well older than he on the elite US circuit. He’s been tracking like Patrick Kane..

That’s pretty elite category if you ask me...

He is very small, he will be battered like crazy. I wouldn't say no to him, but he isn't going to be Sidney Crosby either

My son is 2.5 years younger, as tall as Hughes and only is outweighed by 17 lbs (according to elite prospects, Hughes is 157lbs). Now he might have gained weight. The height might not be that big an issue but that weight sure is. Bergevin better share his steroid stash with Hughes.

Last edited:
I remember when leaf GDT where always mocking of other teams and the habs had a nice, neat looking GDT with actual team names.

Now it's the Leafs with the neat GDT and the Habs with the goofy sounding one.

I guess rebuilding teams go hard on the laughs to keep from crying, while playoff bound teams just stick to the hockey.

Just a observation.

Back