• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Season GDT Canada's Team vs Pig Nose/Lacrosse Player's team 7:00ET

Yeah you and about 75% of this board.

I didn't know what to expect so I guess I was one of the rare ones who wanted to give Alzner the benefit of the doubt as to why he was being healthy scratched in Was

I wasn't happy with the deal but he played minor hockey where my son did (BWC) so I was pleased with that much. He had a terrible season for sure. I don't see him as worse than Benn and Dumko though.

looked back at the signing thread
looks like CB was right
what the **** is wrong with you ppl

a bunch of ppl wondering what it means for signing markov but....

sal
@ $4.5M...outstanding deal. The BC Boys Club grows

Krusty responds to that with
Fear not, the "Everything MB does sucks" crew will be showing up here soon enough.

wiseguy
Supposedly Montreal fans hate the signing already

krusty with another gem responding to wiseguy
You do realize that about 90 percent of people are stupid, right?

rolex doesnt know but...
So is Alzner comparable to Emelin ? Hamrlik ? Spacek ?

everybody's fav poster
4.5 isn't bad,

A little high, but not horrid.

GGpX also wrong
Alzner at $4.5M is fine, but it's like the Drouin trade all over again: I don't get the fit.

geeman is right
Please ......we need a puck mover FFS not another glorified Benn .

HP
5 x $4.5 is a bit high, I don't love it... but I don't hate it.

habsy
He's an improvement on Emelin though.

jimbob
KA was the guy that was gonna get overpaid and over termed - and it happened.

I said it sucked too, I even like bumping that thread from time to time lol. The regular fanboys chalked it up to a 'depth' signing.

As I said , WTF are we a Karl Alzner away from .......

These are guys you pick up in October looking for work like Garrison was yesterday at 650k for 1 year

How do execs with 20+ years in the game keep making these moves is beyond reason

As I said , WTF are we a Karl Alzner away from .......

These are guys you pick up in October looking for work like Garrison was yesterday at 650k for 1 year

How do execs with 20+ years in the game keep making these moves is beyond reason

when you have money to spend you do it, don't you?

a bunch of ppl wondering what it means for signing markov but....

sal

Krusty responds to that with

wiseguy

krusty with another gem responding to wiseguy

rolex doesnt know but...

everybody's fav poster

GGpX also wrong

geeman is right

HP

habsy

jimbob
Well, I did think it was high... but I'll admit that I was wrong. It was bad... and I hate it.

not a big deal. Alzner will be gone when the Habs are ready to compete. Before then , they wont worry about the cap much.The only bad thing, he's not a commodity you can move easily. Price and Weber contracts could be a bigger concern.

So, I guess this is the beginning of what some of you hope is the "Lose for Hughes" season?

So, I guess this is the beginning of what some of you hope is the "Lose for Hughes" season?

actually for some, they want that and lose for Lafreniere too.

For me, we have had two of the worst seasons ever in Habs history over the last three which made hockey watching almost unbearable. If we have another such season, nothing I can do about it, but I would prefer more excitement rather than just hoping that we win the lottery.

when you have money to spend you do it, don't you?

You don’t spend it on garbage on a team going nowhere .

Alzner and Shaw are not a fit on this roster . Once again dumb asset management by Nero and his cronies

Spending money on Alzner is like paying top dollar on an umbrella in a hurricane

You don’t spend it on garbage on a team going nowhere .

Alzner and Shaw are not a fit on this roster . Once again dumb asset management by Nero and his cronies

Spending money on Alzner is like paying top dollar on an umbrella in a hurricane
not like it makes a difference, we were 9 million under last yr and are a similar amt now

actually for some, they want that and lose for Lafreniere too.

For me, we have had two of the worst seasons ever in Habs history over the last three which made hockey watching almost unbearable. If we have another such season, nothing I can do about it, but I would prefer more excitement rather than just hoping that we win the lottery.

More excitement comes when you land stud rookies , not sending the same shit on the ice every year hoping for a miracle

My wife just saw Kotkaniemi and said “he’s just a baby”.

That’s how bad our center needs are.

Back