• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Will Nye Contract Dispute thread

Everyone know how contracts go up...in a few years 7.5 will be a steal....but I understand Willy wants more than that for 8 years...and I think the Leafs would love to get him for less, like .5 a year maybe

Just pulling numbers out of my ass, this seems about as high as the Leafs should go in any given scenario:

3 year deal: $4.5M AAV

5 year deal: $6.25M AAV

6 year deal: $6.7M AAV

7 year deal: $7.1M AAV

8 year deal: $7.5M AAV

Between 5 and 7 years, I’m not sure the AAV should even change. If he’s so adamant, let him sign for 5 years at $7m and kick the can.

Just pulling numbers out of my ass, this seems about as high as the Leafs should go in any given scenario:

3 year deal: $4.5M AAV

5 year deal: $6.25M AAV

6 year deal: $6.7M AAV

7 year deal: $7.1M AAV

8 year deal: $7.5M AAV

Bang on , the 5 year deal is close to the Larkin contract and he is way more important to the Wings than Willy is to the Leafs .

Buy hey as Willy says , its all about my future . Not sure how he will get by with 6+ a year til 28 with inflation in Toronto.

Then at 28 he still has a mega deal if productive .

I know eh, must be rough being 22 knowing your getting ready to net 45-50 million.

Better make sure its 55 million just in case times get tough.

We are at the point when this could become less about money and more about pride. Hopefully it doesn't get to that.

Nylander is too busy shooting commercials to sign. Gotta get paid ya know

I know this is just all part of the process, but I wonder if someone should maybe remind Willy why he's shooting Reebok commercials and not a Jim Bob's Ford dealership commercial, with the largest fleet of F-150's in all of North Carolina.

He's a handsome bastard, but it's not because of his good looks. It's because of the name on the front of the jersey.

I know this is just all part of the process, but I wonder if someone should maybe remind Willy why he's shooting Reebok commercials and not a Jim Bob's Ford dealership commercial, with the largest fleet of F-150's in all of North Carolina.

He's a handsome bastard, but it's not because of his good looks. It's because of the name on the front of the jersey.

I was actually referring to the Sonnet Insurance commercial with Gilmour, Gaudreau, Willy, etc

We are at the point when this could become less about money and more about pride. Hopefully it doesn't get to that.

Its a game of chicken.....last I checked the guy signing the cheques always wins .

Its like Guerin put it best in the lockout fiasco , Burning a year was ridiculous,” Guerin said. “It wasn’t worth me giving up $9 million a year, or 82 games plus the playoffs.

Willy isnt making 9 but he will never make up a year of lost wages

Why do you assume Willy's getting bad advice and/or doesn't understand the value of the Maple Leaf logo?

Everyone seemingly loves a player's right to negotiate...until it hurts the team they cheer for.

Yeah. The guy has every right to fight for as much money as he wants. This whole shaming guys to take a paycut thing is dumb.

Yeah. The guy has every right to fight for as much money as he wants. This whole shaming guys to take a paycut thing is dumb.

Shanahan pretending to get into a player's mindset was laughable. He's been on the other side for a while now.

Why do you assume Willy's getting bad advice and/or doesn't understand the value of the Maple Leaf logo?

Everyone seemingly loves a player's right to negotiate...until it hurts the team they cheer for.

weird, everyone screams about how every single player is overpaid after every contract signing....until maybe it's a star player on a rival.

Back