• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Will Nye Contract Dispute thread

Dreger claims we are looking for a quantity for quality deal on Nylander. top 4 D and top 9 forward.

I would rather sit him and try again next year instead of trading him for 2 bodies.

never ever ever go quantity for quality, and top 4 D might be the most loosely defined term in sports.

doesn't matter how you define it, you trade Nylander for 2 guys it's a given neither will be anywhere near what Willy is.

I can't believe that's how Dubas would resolve this though. makes no sense to make a deal like that, we have all the leverage on our side.

All this dman value talk ha me thinking that Dubas should just draft exclusively forwards and try to convert some to defense. In the faster/skill game today it feels like the vast majority of best available prospects are going to be forwards. Maybe we even end up with 5 interchangable pieces on a team with a more fluid structure the way the NBA has gone. I'll shut up now cause I don't know anything.

If I were him, I'd be concerned about my teammates if/when I walk back into that room. Guys like Brown and Hyman are older and making relative peanuts for term, and so far others like Rielly and Kadri signed for pretty team friendly deals. He definitely kinda sticks out from the pack at the moment.

I agree with Gretzky's statements yesterday. If it were me, I'd have taken the best possible deal as of the first day of camp - whether it be a one year deal and kick the can, or a fair long term deal - because I would just want to play. Watching my team playing without me, and needing me with Matty out, would drive me nuts.

And Gretzky backs-up what he says. He was getting peanuts in Edmonton.

2 for 1 type deal:

Spurgeon and coyle/nino
Peace and teavu
Savard and wennberg

Idk not sure any of them stand up for nylander

Dreger claims we are looking for a quantity for quality deal on Nylander. top 4 D and top 9 forward.

I would rather sit him and try again next year instead of trading him for 2 bodies.
I mean, we all know to ignore Dreger's reporting at this point, right? He's TSN's version of Kypreos.

I'll eat my words if it happens, but I can't see any universe where Dubas does a quality for quantity Nylander trade.

Speaking of Kypreos, he just did a pre-game segment arguing that we should trade Nylander to Anaheim for Nick Ritchie & Brandon Montour.

Such is the low qualifications needed for media jobs in the hockey world.

I just threw up on my mouth at the thought of having to watch Ritchie all year

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I know that he probably wont be traded, but what about nylander, zaitsev and the leafs first for nurse and puljujarvi and plus edmonton's first and second this upcoming draft.
By dumping zaitsev, the leafs will have the money to resign gardiner if they wish.
Edmonton will probably finish out of the playoffs this season, giving the leafs a chance at a highly rated prospect (maybe even hughes), and the young puljujarvi is a young talent who may benefit from a change of scenery.
Nurse is developing into the type of dman the leafs lack and has a good set of skills.
Puljujarvi is a bit of a wild card, but if he can get back on track, he can become a top 6 player in the next year or two.
Edmonton is only a McDavid injury away from finishing at the bottom of the standings.

I know that he probably wont be traded, but what about nylander, zaitsev and the leafs first for nurse and puljujarvi and plus edmonton's first and second this upcoming draft.
By dumping zaitsev, the leafs will have the money to resign gardiner if they wish.
Edmonton will probably finish out of the playoffs this season, giving the leafs a chance at a highly rated prospect (maybe even hughes), and the young puljujarvi is a young talent who may benefit from a change of scenery.
Nurse is developing into the type of dman the leafs lack and has a good set of skills.
Puljujarvi is a bit of a wild card, but if he can get back on track, he can become a top 6 player in the next year or two.
Edmonton is only a McDavid injury away from finishing at the bottom of the standings.

I don’t see the value coming back

Nurse is overrated

He has an edge to his game which some fall in love with until you realize his over aggressive play usually ends up as a turnover or a penalty

Back