• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Will Nye Contract Dispute thread

I hope this gets done. I don't see anything on the Flames that i'd want besides Tkachuk. If we settle for some shit like Bennett and a prospect defender... f*ck me.

I sure as shit don't see anything i'd want on the Rangers roster.

In-person with the agent suggests progress, particularly if Dubas travelled to NYC. Maybe even immanent signing.

Seems like a step in the direction of progress. Better than the past few weeks before the Switzerland meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both sides want to make a deal it seems. The bonus was likely paid out in Zurich, now they just have to finalize what the public and the NHL is going to be spun.

Wise move, if they did do an off market cash deal, to wait a week. Smart on both sides. Not saying that is what happened but Gross didn't attend the Zurich meeting.

But I am sure Micheal was there in Zurich with a catchers mitt and a butterfly net.

Just my opinion, I seek safe harbor.

I think those Saturday HNIC broadcasts must be hard for Willy to watch. For one thing, he's not playing. For another, he's getting a lot of bad publicity and heat, and seeing literally everyone side with the team on this. It's making him look like a punk, when literally everything that preceded this over the past few years was sunshine and roses. He must be aching to get back to that. I know I would be.

He has to sign before Saturday. It's gotta happen.

I wouldn't assume Willy is watching the HNIC broadcasts. With the time difference that would be the middle of the night in Europe.

I doubt he's watching the games beyond maybe the highlights. I want him back on the team dammit. Trade other prospects/players for a defender. Keep the gang together for at least a few years.

This talk of Pesce doesn't do it for me. Some no offense 2nd pairing defender likely being carried by his stud partner in Slavin. If that is all we get for Willy i'd be pissed. Hall for Larsson should be enough warning that you don't trade elite offense for a defense only defender. If anything i'd be looking for the next Johansen for Jones deal.

I guarantee you he’s watching. He may not be making any money right now, but he can still afford the NHL package and a DVR.

He is probably just watching highlights. Guy is probably dying to make the big cash though. Gotta give him credit, I would leap like a bullfrog at the money he is probably being offered.

All of us would. His dad has a pair of stones on him, gotta say.

Take it for what it's worth but rumblings are that something "shifted" yesterday with the Willy situation and a resolution could be coming. Hoping he just bridges and we can move on but we shall see

Take it for what it's worth but rumblings are that something "shifted" yesterday with the Willy situation and a resolution could be coming. Hoping he just bridges and we can move on but we shall see
Yeah, with the Dubas trip to Switzerland to personally sit down with Willy, followed by Dubas having a sit-down with Willy's agent in New York, my radar's up a bit.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear something announced soon, but maybe that's just my hope speaking.

I haven't heard anything, but someone posted on another board that they were hammering out details. Willy is pretty itchy to get back on the team.

Back