• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Via Google Translate:

The Swedish defender made a three-year deal with Luleå. However, the return to home country started in a disgusting way as Wallin immediately got a concussion in the training session in autumn 2011.

It was not the only concussion of the season, so Luleå's doctor told Wallin to end his career after the end of the season. He had 37 years of age at that time.

- The whole life turned upside down, Wallin recalls in an interview with NSD.

It was a big shock to him.

- When you retire, you just run out. Nevertheless, you can still work or work as a consultant. But as a hockey player, the croup is accustomed to practicing more than to rest.

In Wallin's case, however, this was the smallest problem, as the post-traumatic symptoms of concussion caused the worst sleeping problems at worst.

- I went to bed tonight. Then I slept for one hour, and I did not sleep anymore. It seemed as if I had slept for a long time, even though the clock was just one. How can one get rid of it? I was sleeping for 21 days, Wallin recalls.

Today, a man can do better. Wallin is working on a construction site. She is still sensitive to light and sounds, but otherwise an ex-waiter lives a relatively normal life. However, there are certain limitations regarding exercise.

- I walk a lot and move in the forests, but in the gym I'm no longer lifting the bench. It is not possible to.

Concussion symptoms also led to the depression over which Wall has already reached. Despite all the difficulties, he does not regret having always put himself on his playing.

- I would not have been able to get into teams and dressing rooms anyway. I did not have such a technique or game eye. I've just had a big and strong.

These features made Wallin the NHL player. He waited for ten years in the world's toughest league and 614 regulars. The most impressive achievement in 2006 was the Stanley Cup Carolinas shirt.

Although Wallin does not regret his solutions, he hopes that no one will face similar problems.

- I do not want this to even my worst enemy. It was really tough.

Back