• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Skinner continues to tear it up in Buffalo, I know the horse has already been beaten to death but that trade continues to be one of the dumbest ever by this org. I don’t care if he didn’t fit any longer here, the bad timing of the trade coupled with the terrible value coming back is simply looking worse by the game. I just hope Skinner is going off right now hoping to hit the mother lode in free agency with any team other than Buffalo. A one and done in Buffalo would make things a little easier to digest while we wait for our Pu to grow and develop...

A one and done in Buffalo would make things a little easier to digest while we wait for our Pu to grow and develop...

Might take awhile. He's off to a scintillating 1 point in his first 9 games in Charlotte and is barely hanging on to a roster spot.

Path of least resistance followed there. Center (Rask) in, center (Bishop) out. I presume that Victor will start out on the 4th line as opposed to playing any conditioning games in Charlotte. Then you'd have to think they'll look to ease him up to Wallmark's line to try and find some chemistry with Svechnikov. If you'll recall, Rask had his 2 best seasons for the Canes while centering Skinner so that's not a stretch or anything. The question is whether he's ready to work the whole length of the ice again or if he's going to float around looking lost like he did last season. I suspect that Brindy won't tolerate the latter for long, if at all.

Canes lead the league in shots per game and are dead last in shots allowed per game. I guess that means that for the neutral we're a lot of fun to watch.

Pesce was placed on IR retroactive to 11/10. Trevor Carrick was recalled from Charlotte. He has 17 points (3g, 14a) in 19 games for the Cherkers.

Carrick was sent back to Charlotte. That he didn’t have to go through waivers means it was an emergency recall so either Pesce or Fleury will be ready to play on Tuesday.

Fleury has a concussion. He's not playing soon.

And how much longer does the failed Darling experiment continue? He needs to go win about a dozen games in the AHL before he faces NHL competition again.

Carrick was sent back to Charlotte. That he didn’t have to go through waivers means it was an emergency recall so either Pesce or Fleury will be ready to play on Tuesday.

As long as Carrick doesn't spend 30 days on the NHL roster or play 10 NHL games he doesn't need to clear waivers again (no emergency recall needed).

Jake Bean was recalled to replace Carrick and Zykov was also brought back (he is already on the roster, his 2 week conditioning stint would be up before the Checkers play again).

I don't think Pesce's ready to go yet. Look for Bean to audition next to TVR. That could go ... weirdly.

Back