• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018-19 Canes Miscellaneous News Thread

Yeah, that’s been pointed out already. Point is, it’s not like putting out an RFP and then picking the best offer. There’s a time element that’s still a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case it wasn't clear yet: "'When the time does come — if the time does come that Toronto decides they are going to deal [Nylander] — Carolina has made it very clear that they are all in,' said Elliotte Friedman on the Headlines segment of Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday." Link: Sportsnet.ca

If Skinner wasn't wanted because of his lack of backchecking or defensive responsibility, I just have to wonder why the Canes would at all be interested in Nylander. If there is anything he is not known for, it is his display of defensive skills.

Panthers have free refills for soft drinks. At this rate the Canes may have to offer free beer refills to keep fans coming back.

Apologies, I should have been a little clearer about my comment being a little tongue in cheek ;)
Oh, and its one month. You're allowed to turn your clock back, not your calendar.
That’s still two months from now and there are a lot of games between now and then.

The Coyotes have more short handed goals (7) than the Canes have power play goals (6).

Might as well keep the 3 goalies and let Ned get one more full season of seasoning. Not like TD can't afford it.

Plus, the way that kid handles the puck calling him up now would do nothing but damage to his prospects. Hopefully another year working in the A will smooth out that part of his game because it's tough to make it in the NHL if you handle the puck like it's going to explode.

Might as well keep the 3 goalies and let Ned get one more full season of seasoning. Not like TD can't afford it.

Plus, the way that kid handles the puck calling him up now would do nothing but damage to his prospects. Hopefully another year working in the A will smooth out that part of his game because it's tough to make it in the NHL if you handle the puck like it's going to explode.

The way things are currently unfolding it would be extremely foolish for the Canes to make a big trade for William Nylander. This team has so many holes that need to be fixed that trading away assets and then giving a huge amount of money to Nylander, who may or may not be good at center, wouldn't make any sense at all.

I still fully expect that Nylander comes to terms with the Leafs sometime soon....but hey Waddell and Dundon, don't get suckered into the idea that Nylander would come in and fix all that currently ails this squad.

The way things are currently unfolding it would be extremely foolish for the Canes to make a big trade for William Nylander. This team has so many holes that need to be fixed that trading away assets and then giving a huge amount of money to Nylander, who may or may not be good at center, wouldn't make any sense at all.

I still fully expect that Nylander comes to terms with the Leafs sometime soon....but hey Waddell and Dundon, don't get suckered into the idea that Nylander would come in and fix all that currently ails this squad.

Totally agree, it's robbing Peter to pay Paul with a trade like that. I'd much rather see a smaller deal to plug the hole at center and at least give the lines more options. A minor trade for a third line center along with Rask coming back would at the very least give them some options with their lines and come up with some different combinations spread across all four lines.

Back