• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 2 - Montreal Canadiens @ Pittsburgh Penguins - SAT OCT 6TH 7:00 EST

Both were really good. Nice to see Juulsen getting in the rush at times. He seemed to be playing with confidence. Reilly was really good too. Hell even Benn had a solid game.
I was again impressed with Reilly tonight but also Juulsen who had a quiet solid game

It is alot to expect this team to play with this pace for most of the year.

But at least an identity has been established which is speed and agressive forechecking.
Why not? We're just expecting them to work hard and be agressive, Why couldn't it last all year?

The leafs have gaping holes in other areas of the ice. Ones which they will have no funds to fix. You need more than Cs to win.

Pens D was Swiss cheese without Letang , they had an elite top 9 that was unstoppable.

The euphoria is capable of lasting even longer, much like 2012-13 shortened season, however, smaller teams used to hit a wall halfway through the season, mainly due to physical toll over time.

Logic would dictate the quick recovery capability of younger players combined with ballerina style hockey might diminish or substantially negate the physical wear & tear of a typical NHL season from yesteryear - more so since the only bigger teams who play a size based game are in the other conference (mainly in the Pacific division).

The question IMO is how much of a grind will this run & gun system have on Price and is Niemi capable of picking up the slack - two goalie system gains more importance IMO

I agree but I wouldn't call their system "run & gun", this team is playing like a unit in all zones, when a team plays fast and plays like this, they will be tough to play against.. still early but so far the coaching staff is "Gold"....

Define “legit 1C”?

Hawks 2015 & 2013 - is Toews a legit 1C?
Bruins 2011 - are Bergeron or Krejci legit 1C’s?

They were 1C’s ......not your top tier types but legit 1C’s .

Toews was a top 10 player in the game with a 200 foot game.

My point is I don’t think your winning a cup with ROR and Schenn as your 1-2 punch.

no issue , implying if you have an elite top 9 it makes up for not having a great D especially in this no contact game now

All you need is a reliable goalie and let your team control the game offensively

Are people really forgetting that Tim Thomas stood on his bloody head for that 2011 cup?

Are people really forgetting that Tim Thomas stood on his bloody head for that 2011 cup?

Wouldn't have mattered if DD and Pleks were his top pivots. Those dark days are seemingly behind us with our young studs at C. With any luck, when they hit their prime, Cayden Primeau will stand on his bloody head for the Cup.

Why not? We're just expecting them to work hard and be agressive, Why couldn't it last all year?

Because they are not just the better team in both games, they have been dominant in both games by a fair margin.

I'm not saying playing well is not sustainable but having the dominance we've seen in both games may be a lot to ask.

Back