• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Rangers 10/7 5:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Broadway Blueshirts come to town for a Sunday matinee.

The Rangers are coming in after losing in Buffalo last night to drop them to 0-2 on the season. Lunqvist gave up 2 goals in 28 shots and is expected to have today off in favor of backup Alexandar Georgiev, making his season debut. He played 10 games last year and was 3.15/.918.

The Canes hung 3 goals on Bobrovsky on Friday night with Aho and Ferland each recording 2 points, including Aho’s first pre-Halloween goal. McGinn didn’t practice yesterday but it was a maintenance day and he’s expected to play today. No morning skate today so we’ll have to wait for the starting goalie.

The new black jerseys make their debut today. There is also a South Plaza Party starting at 3. Limited lower level,tickets for $40 are available in sections 101, 102, 110, 114, 117, 121 and 129. A portion of the proceeds will go to hurricane relief. The first 5,000 fans also get a schedule magnet.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Looking forward to this afternoon's game and to see if we can continue to play relentless hockey. I don't think they'll start him, but I'd sure like to see if McElhinney can perform the same magic two games in a row.

Bets on how smart Tom Dundon is feeling right about now for hiring Rod Brind'Amour? The compete level and lack of passengers on this team is entertaining as hell. I hope they can keep it rolling.

I still would have preferred to hear Chuck andtheletterK call the game.

Jim

Back