• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #5: Leafs @ Dead Things, 7:30PM, TSN4

"Conclusive"

(This is what the League shared as its evidence.)
I thought "conclusive" meant you had to see white between the puck and the goal line.

I suppose that doesn't apply to reviews of non-goals against the Leafs.

Think JT is at 10. Got 4 assists tonight.
Yep, JT got credited with an additional assist after the game.

So, your NHL scoring leaders:

1.Matthews
1.Rielly
3.Tavares
3.Marner

One other thing that's quickly becoming apparent...Mitch Marner is also a superstar, the St. Louis to Matthews Stamkos, and will be getting giant money. in case that wasn't clear after the playoffs vs. Boston. 9 million might be the low end. if healthy, how is he getting less than 85-90 points this year exactly? he and Tavares are both offensive machines.

Matthews is going to get McDavid's deal at this rate. John Tavares is clearly an elite hockey player, but Auston Matthews is now a clear cut above him after only a couple seasons in the league.

that's why the Nylander standoff. the guy is an awesome player as well, but we literally can't give him the money he wants. too many more talented players ahead of him.

Matthews got so screwed by both limited PP time and horrible PP luck last year. he already has as many PP goals as he did all last year.

and despite that handicap, he was still on a 45gl/85pt pace last year.

Maybe we can part with Willy, but Marleau leaves soon and we'll need a good winger there. He's just superfluous right now because of our depth, but not sure I want to lose Gardiner or someone just to keep Willy.

Maybe we can part with Willy, but Marleau leaves soon and we'll need a good winger there. He's just superfluous right now because of our depth, but not sure I want to lose Gardiner or someone just to keep Willy.

I would absolutely lose Gardiner to keep Willy. without hesitation.

"Conclusive"

DpRdk67WsAABkVM.jpg

Apparently this was the angle they went with:

https://twitter.com/MapleLeafsHS/status/1050570356342157312?s=20

Clearly shows the puck was in.

I believe the rule says there has to be clear photographic evidence showing white ice between the puck and goal line or something there abouts.

If this is the picture they used:

wn4PLuI.jpg

...then I don't have a problem with the call. I mean, whether the call would have gone in Toronto's favour if the roles were reversed, I have my doubts.

But just on the face of it, it seems to me that they made the right call there. You can clearly see quite a bit of white between the puck and the line, and even though you can't see the whole puck, it'd be physically impossible for the whole thing not to be over the line. Great effort by Freddie, but that's a goal.

Last edited:
Even without that view I thought it was a goal.
Close, but no issues with this. Given the fact they decided so quick I knew they had a better view then we were shown on the telecast.

"Conclusive"

DpRdk67WsAABkVM.jpg

On the Detroit feed, they went one split second further and showed full white between the line and the puck. The refs must have seen that shot because as soon as you do, you see it’s in.

I thought "conclusive" meant you had to see white between the puck and the goal line.

I suppose that doesn't apply to reviews of non-goals against the Leafs.

Yep, JT got credited with an additional assist after the game.

So, your NHL scoring leaders:

1.Matthews
1.Rielly
3.Tavares
3.Marner

Looks like they have Marner at 10.

If this is the picture they used:

wn4PLuI.jpg

...then I don't have a problem with the call. I mean, whether the call would have gone in Toronto's favour if the roles were reversed, I have my doubts.

But just on the face of it, it seems to me that they made the right call there. You can clearly see quite a bit of white between the puck and the line, and even though you can't see the whole puck, it'd be physically impossible for the whole thing not to be over the line. Great effort by Freddie, but that's a goal.

This was the one they showed on the Detroit feed.

Its been fun, but some of these teams are terrible. The Wings looked absolutely lost, then we came out flat in the third.

I'm excited to see how they look against the Caps. Hope they come out ready and play a full 60 minutes. A big win Saturday and the league is officially on notice.

Back